Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
quryous
quryous began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook Table of Contents Conversion Problems

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I've started making my own e-books for fun. I've been converting my Word documents to html, then, I've converted the html document in calibre to epub format. I've created both kinds of table of contents, one that is a list of hyperlinks to specific sections within the ebook (through the use of bookmarks in Word) and one that targets h1 headings and up. No problems there. These two different types of tables of contents display wonderfully in the viewers in calibre and adobe digital editions. Here's the issue: the table of contents section is its on h1 heading so that I can easily find it again through the nook's chapter menu. When I touch the screen to select the table of contents in that menu, it takes me to the cover. It works for every other chapter except the table of contents section. As I said before, it works in the viewers in calibre and adobe digital editions. On my nook, however, it takes me back to the cover. I've been searching everywhere for a solution. I know that the table of contents is very close to the cover and that I can easily click over a couple of pages, but I just want to know why it does that and if it can be fixed.

I hope that this topic hasn't been covered, yet. I searched hours for anything on this topic through google and in this forum.

Thank you to everyone for any help,
quryous
quryous is offline   Reply With Quote