Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
ebeckhusen
ebeckhusen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Having problems converting

I have a Secure Mobi EBook that I'm trying to convert for Sony Reader. I've converted other books of this type successfully before, but this one keeps giving me an error. The error that comes up is:

Job: **Convert book: Why We Suck**
**tuple**: ('IndexError', u'list index out of range')
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 958, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 916, in work
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 196, in main
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 165, in process_file
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\convert_from.pyo", line 28, in process_file
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\convert_from.pyo", line 17, in generate_html
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 188, in extract_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 467, in extract_text
File "calibre\ebooks\mobi\palmdoc.pyo", line 28, in decompress_doc
IndexError: list index out of range

**Log**:
('IndexError', u'list index out of range')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 958, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 916, in work
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 196, in main
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 165, in process_file
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\convert_from.pyo", line 28, in process_file
File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\mobi\convert_from.pyo", line 17, in generate_html
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 188, in extract_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\mobi\read er.py", line 467, in extract_text
File "calibre\ebooks\mobi\palmdoc.pyo", line 28, in decompress_doc
IndexError: list index out of range

The original file reads fine on my MobiReader, it just fails to convert. Any ideas?
ebeckhusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre will fail to convert any DRM protected eBook.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
ebeckhusen

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Calibre will fail to convert any DRM protected eBook.
Yes I realize that, but I've decrypted this one. I've done this many times with other books, so I know I've got the decryption process correct (in fact, after this one failed I decrypted and formatted another one, just to make sure).
Old 03-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK -I was put off by the word "Secure" - by the stage that you are getting to that is no longer the case

I would suggest that you open a ticket and attach the book that would not convert so it can be looked at.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
ebeckhusen

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
OK -I was put off by the word "Secure" - by the stage that you are getting to that is no longer the case

I would suggest that you open a ticket and attach the book that would not convert so it can be looked at.

Okay, so how do I open a ticket? Forgive the stupid question, but I'm still new at this (don't even have my new Sony yet, just getting ready!)
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard

If you go to the calibre home site you will have options to View tickets on the menu bar. To create tickets you first have to register (free) so that you can log in, and then the option create new Tickets is also offered.