Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #196
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbusan View Post
Hi everyone,
I have one question: The Application Launcher only shows me the script name, but not the "title" that is defined in the config.xml. For example, here it lists:
Code:
Helper: bin/411.sh
Helper: bin/ssallow.sh
kterm: bin/kterm
I can launch kterm (the others I haven't tried), but I saw in the menu.json that there is a tag "name" but instead the tag "action" is shown.

Is this a known problem on my device?

(KPW 5.3.3, all the latest kindlets etc, transfer from a Unix file system by unpacking on the laptop and transfer with cp -a to the Kindle)

Thanks

Norbert
Hi Norbert. Yes, this is a result of the current parsing script being a bit rubbish. see the post above for a preview of the new code.

Will give it a test and maybe shove out an updated version if it seems to fix up those issues.

Thanks.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #197
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Hi Norbert. Yes, this is a result of the current parsing script being a bit rubbish. see the post above for a preview of the new code.
Thanks, I will look into the code, too. I have quite some shell programming experience, so if you need some help or testing or code, let me know.

Norbert
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #198
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, I will look into the code, too. I have quite some shell programming experience, so if you need some help or testing or code, let me know.

Norbert
Jut fixed it. (stepk did the heavy lifting, I just tweaked and slashed as per) Posting very soon.

Your offer is greatly appreciated. perhaps you could look at adding launchpad or kite support. stepk is currently forging the parser forward.

Expect a new version RSN.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #199
twobob

0.2.1 New parser put in place.
Fixed missing title name bug

Released to top post.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #200
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Quote:
0.2.1 New parser put in place.
Fixed missing title name bug
Thanks, works fine.

One suggestions: Retitle the usbnetwork entry in helpers to "START/STOP usb networking" as it actually toggles the state.

Thanks

Norbert
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #201
twobob

Quote:
Thanks, works fine.

One suggestions: Retitle the usbnetwork entry in helpers to "START/STOP usb networking" as it actually toggles the state.

Thanks

Norbert
Done. Updated. Uploaded. Thanks : )

Also changed 411 to 711 page.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #202
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: Just a small precision for the first post: The K4 JailBreak is actually here, not in the giant k2/3 thread .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #203
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
And, since we're at it: Developer certificates for Touch/Paperwhite. (fixes "your Kindle was not authorized blabla") message.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #204
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@twobob: Just a small precision for the first post: The K4 JailBreak is actually here, not in the giant k2/3 thread .
Noted, Updated. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
And, since we're at it: Developer certificates for Touch/Paperwhite. (fixes "your Kindle was not authorized blabla") message.
Noted, Updated. Ah! All makes sense now. : )
Old 01-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #205
twobob

HUGE Thanks to Fvek for his new KUAL Frotz scripts

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186007

Great to see this engine making it onto the newer devices.!!

Will update the Top Post with a link out to Frotz : D Thanks Fvek
Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #206
ondasalfa
ondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
could we have: (would it work on the dx? I could just repack)

as well please? I think we can support them

For the 0.2.0 Release I will include what we have for now and continue to point to the touch prerequisites externally.
Can I use the "prerequisites-k3+k4" in the Kindle DXG ?, or we must wait a little more time.
Thank you for your great job!
ondasalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #207
twobob

I was toying with this 48 hours ago. I chickened out TBH. I want more of a word with IXTAB as to exactly how to support the DX.

The installers wouldn't work but the exploded files might. I would wait. Will keep this in mind when Ixtab get's an eyball on this or get a free moment.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #208
skull43
Enthusiast
skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
007 ERROR
skull43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #209
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skull43 View Post
007 ERROR
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...94&postcount=2
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #210
skull43
Enthusiast
skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.skull43 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Touch
i need downgrade.. but is difficult... and I does not speak english.. i use sometimes a google traductor.. but Context is a problem ¿Can be packaged a binary downgrade? Sorry for my ignorance.. but.. Is a more understandable Only "Update Kindle" haha
skull43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified