Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #16
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I got my jetBook Lite for Christmas, 2009, and I have not yet purchased a book for it.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #17
mj72
mj72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Iphone4
3 days, I had been meaning to read "Coming of the Third Reich" for sometime, why not electronic? 9.99 wasn't too bad. I am starting to wonder how books with illustrations might look via amazon? Eg: I recently read "The Greatest Show on Earth (Dawkins)" and there are illustrations mentioned throughout the book which are combined in a section in the middle of the book.
mj72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #18
melonhead
melonhead has learned how to read e-booksmelonhead has learned how to read e-booksmelonhead has learned how to read e-booksmelonhead has learned how to read e-booksmelonhead has learned how to read e-booksmelonhead has learned how to read e-booksmelonhead has learned how to read e-booksmelonhead has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Sony Pocket Reader
Before, but to be fair it was a couple of $.99 books I learned about over on the Kindleboards. Then I had to get the software to read it on my computer while I waited. Patience wasn't my middle name if you know what I mean.
melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #19
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
As soon as I had my Kindle in my hands and registered.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #20
miaow
miaow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
It took me hardly any time to buy books for my Kindle. I have been looking for certain books for years and imagine my excitment when I found all six volumes of "The Psychology of Sex" by Havelock Ellis for next to no cost.

This purchase was promptly followed by a copy of "The Corfu Trilogy" by Gerald Durrell.
miaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #21
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
As soon as I charged my nook & registered...so I'd say about 3 hours?
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #22
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
I actually purchased my first ebook reader BECAUSE of the ebooks that I already had. I had purchased them for my palm pilot and decided one day that it might be nice to have a device made specifically for ebooks. That research also led me here, so there ya go.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #23
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Not long, several days, a week maybe. Can't remember. Had to try it out! I bought a copy of a nice hardback I found for a $1.00 that is also a first edition, first printing and in nice shape, so having an ebook means I don't have to handle the hardback and it stays nice. Besides, the price was really reasonable at $4.15.

A Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #24
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I bought Gen 3 in 2007, and since then the only books I bought were by Steve Jordan - I wouldn't consider those typical e-books purchases though. Otherwise, I'm still finding lots of jewels in public domain and I don't feel any need to read recently written books.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #25
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I think I might have had a few cheap paid ones before I got my Kindle 2.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #26
JuniperPearl
Enthusiast
JuniperPearl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire, iPhone 5, Kindle Voyage
With my Sony, probably a day or two. I downloaded a few free ones first to test it out. With my Kindle, I had a few books from Amazon already on my computer. Had to test out Kindle for PC, you know!
JuniperPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #27
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
It was about 2 months before I bought my first one, for the same reason. There was so many good free ones, that I felt no need to.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #28
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've been purchasing ebooks for several years now. Some are in my PC, most are on a flash drive. I got my first ereader three weeks ago, a K3. As soon as it was charged up, I downloaded my own book, then three more books that friends had written. I ended up downloading five books in as many minutes.
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote