Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 11-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #31
dietric
dietric began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Unable to synch after Sony software update

I installed an update fro Sony to the Reader software and have been unable to synch files using Web2Book evers ince. The error message is: LoadLibrary failed with error 126. The specified module could not be found. Help would be highly appreciated.
dietric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Follow the instructions in the Note at

https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/download_windows
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #33
modsoul
Enthusiast
modsoul began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500
umm how long does it usually take. its been an hour since i started the new york time s conversions and still at it.
modsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:00 PM   #34
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

upgrade to 0.4.17
Old 11-02-2007, 07:29 AM   #35
modsoul
Enthusiast
modsoul began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500
just tried the new version.
thank you so much. you are awesome.
without you i doubt if the reader would be even 1/3 as usefull.
modsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:03 AM   #36
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Thanks for the great tool, Kovid.

I downloaded it today and was able to use the Newsweek and BBC profiles flawlessly. NYT generated the lrf fine, but it seems none of the articles that require registration downloaded in their entirety. I did use the username and password options, and I verified that my username and password work at the NYT website.

Any idea why it's not working for me?

I'm on Win XP working from a command prompt.

Thanks
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #37
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm looks like the NYT login process has changed. I'll fix it in the next release.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:12 AM   #38
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks.

I'm going to try to put together some profiles of other news sites over the next week. If I'm successful, I'll post them up here.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #39
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Cool at some point I should look into adding support for user profiles into the GUI.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #40
dietric
dietric began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Follow the instructions in the Note at

https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/download_windows
Hmm, I tried that, but it is not LibPRS500 that has a problem detecting the reader, just Web2Book,so that didn't really help...
dietric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:16 PM   #41
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
Thanks for the great tool, Kovid.

I downloaded it today and was able to use the Newsweek and BBC profiles flawlessly. NYT generated the lrf fine, but it seems none of the articles that require registration downloaded in their entirety. I did use the username and password options, and I verified that my username and password work at the NYT website.

Any idea why it's not working for me?

I'm on Win XP working from a command prompt.

Thanks
Fixed in svn.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #42
JTravers
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Fixed in svn.
Thank you!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:59 PM   #43
toomanybarts
toomanybarts began at the beginning.

since installing and using Libprs500 I now get the same error message as dietric when trying to use another app : rss2book
toomanybarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:06 PM   #44
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Well that's probably because web2book uses the SONY driver to find the reader. You can't use both the SONY driver and libprs500.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #45
Silvayn
Silvayn began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, Sony Reader 505
Hmm,

ok, i'm trying to get a printed version url, but i don't know the required string handling commands for python

i need
http://www.sme.sk/c/3592953/Ceskoslovenska-esej.html

to become
http://www.sme.sk/clanok_tlac.asp?cl=3592953

I know of 'replace'...

def print_version(self, url):
return url.replace('/c/', '/clanok_tlac.asp?cl=')

but how do i get rid of the "/Ceskoslovenska-esej.html" at the end?

Last edited by Silvayn; 11-19-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Silvayn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500, web2lrf