Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 01:59 AM   #1
CharSunas
CharSunas began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader
Issues Transferring

I just received my Sony PSR-600 for Christmas. It is now fully charged and sitting next to me. Currently it reads USB connected. I downloaded a PDF file and imported it into my Library. I can click and drag it into my reader and there is life in my reader. It now says Do not disconnect. In the status section of the reader software it shows it in the slot, but there is nothing happening. It's not transferring. Is there something else I should be doing right now, or is something wrong?
CharSunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:09 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You don't need to bother transferring the file into the library (unless the file has DRM protection); just use Windows Explorer to drag it directly onto the "Reader" icon in the left pane of the eBook Library software. Note that you have to drag it onto this icon, NOT onto the right-hand pane showing the contents of the Reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 08:20 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharSunas View Post
Is there something else I should be doing right now, or is something wrong?
The transfer of one eBook to the reader is almost instantaneous.
If you click on the reader icon it will show you if your eBook is there.
If you close out the application, or click on the disconnect icon, the "Do not disconnect" will go away and you can then disconnect your reader.

Are you sure that the book didn't get transferred?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
As long as the Sony Library App is up, it says "Do Not Disconnect" -- you just have to close the app and it change to "USB connected"

There's nothing wrong, but it is a bit confusing.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote