Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #46
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There is still gobs of room on my Calibre Hard drive (I have a USB cased 2.5" drive reserved for Calibre Portable)

I have about 8 books going. I read what I am currently in the mood for. My PEz helps with this by having a 'Recently Read' list (last 32 books opened) and ADE remembers the place (block) I closed the book at
So I am with the never enough book crowd
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #47
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I have probably less than 250, with a TBR of about 105. So yes, I have a huge problem.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #48
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
In my case - I rather started to collect ebooks I've read in paper when I was younger. Books one rather has had at home since generations or got from the library as a kid or teen but never came to purchase since there are so many books and so little room and money. Here thanks again - > Harry and the other uploaders. My collection is thus kind of 50/50 of old (PD) and new. In addition to that comes the fact that a lot of said books I'd have never noticed to exist were it not for the development of ebooks. They never or not yet (and some most probably never will) have been translated into polish or german and I have never followed developments on english language book market (even when my english skills got better) simply because of high additional costs.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #49
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Please tell me where you will be buried.

Don

Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #50
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
At 66 we're both retired. I have 3 readers and a tablet. My husband has a tablet. We each have separate ebook collections. I have no idea how many ebooks he has in his collection. Mine, however, is in excess of 8000. Courtesy of Calibre I have no problem organizing them to my satisfaction.

My tbr list is huge and my tastes varied. I keep a journal of books read on my tablet, before my tablet the journal was in written diary form. The journal tacks title, author, source, number of pages, series (if applicable) main characters and a personal rating (1-5).

I read well in excess of 100 books a year and enjoy every one of the. Oh, btw I have a solar charger.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #51
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
We travel a lot and spend most of our time in a motor home, quite often in remote areas.

Last edited by Tattncat; 11-04-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #52
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Crich, good thing you made that last call. I was one of the typists on the Gutenberg project back in 1986. OCR was just starting but corrections took a long, long time. I guess that project started back in the 70s (yes, who would have thought?).
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #53
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
...I have a solar charger.
Would be interested your experiences with the solar charger.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #54
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I'll never put a limit on the number of ebooks I have in my tbr pile. They done take up space like physical books and books are one of the only things in life that I don't feel guilty about buying in excess if I have the funds.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #55
sven31
sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
its never going to be enough... u keep collecting, because you are (we are) obsessed wid books...
sven31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #56
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I'm in my 50s. I know I have 432 on my Amazon account about 50 off iTunes. I have a few thousand public domain books and another couple of hundred via ebook stores. My Calibre library is at 6 thousand not counting my comics, TPBs and collections on CDs like National Geo. All of my stuff is backed up on CDs or DVDs. I don't worry about space. I spend more time selecting the perfect covers in Calibre and organizing into groups then reading it seems but I'm enjoying myself. I've been using Zinio for 10 years and have no idea how many magazines are in my account but I'm glad I don't have hard copies to worry about.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #57
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
My wife has always said she was going to stuff my coffin with as many books as it would hold. And unless it was extra large it would not hold all. Now with ebooks, all she has to do is throw in my current ereader.
Apache
I feel like getting more pbooks for this!
Sydney's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote