Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Check Library, Extra Authors, Extra Titles

I reformatted my computer over the weekend, and pre-format I double checked my Calibre library, there were no problems found. Post-re-format (LOL) the database is fine, but errors were found indicating there are Extra Authors and Extra Titles that don't have entries in the database. What's the best way to add these back into the library? Thanks.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I reformatted my computer over the weekend, and pre-format I double checked my Calibre library, there were no problems found. Post-re-format (LOL) the database is fine, but errors were found indicating there are Extra Authors and Extra Titles that don't have entries in the database. What's the best way to add these back into the library? Thanks.
I simply carefully move them outside Calibre's Library (Note this is one of the few times to be messing under the skirts) using the O/S file manager, Then add them normally.

The operative word is Carefully. Be sure to match the (ID) numbers shown in the paren to those shown in the error
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I figured out how this happened... I had two back up copies of my Calibre library on external hard drive. One was an 'echoed' SyncToy copy; the other was created by the back up software that came with the drive and contained 'extra' files. I managed to pick the wrong version to restore.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote