Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Yes. But the music is still uploading! As soon as that is done, I will upload my books - but it seems I cannot make the cloud my calibre library, which was what I liked about Dropbox. But, I could upload my current library, and then email all new books to my kindle - that way they are automatically backed up under personal documents. Decisions, decisions!
I like the way Dropbox does the Calibre Library too.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #17
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Amazon changed its policy because Apple had their unlimited in place for $20 a year music/match. At first Amazon had only their music was free then then they changed it to $20 and you can load all your music to compete. The difference is you have to load your music and that takes a lot of time. With iTunes match for the same $20 you just give the system your album information and it uses it's copy so you are not loading your actual music, much faster. The stuff the system does not recognize must be loaded by itself. With iTunes it will be faster and uniform. Neither service will take Lossless. Since I have over 200GB of music on my home Mac I will use both services.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #18
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Well, the music finally uploaded. Can't believe how slow our internet connection was during the upload, but streaming videos worked fine (and we do that wirelessly). It will be nice to listen to music on my Fire - now I just have to get books up there. And some movies.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #19
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Well, the music finally uploaded. Can't believe how slow our internet connection was during the upload, but streaming videos worked fine (and we do that wirelessly). It will be nice to listen to music on my Fire - now I just have to get books up there. And some movies.
I think I'm confused on how this uploads.

Do you have to upload each song/file individually or can you just point to the 'music' folder and all folders and songs are uploaded.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #20
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I think I'm confused on how this uploads.

Do you have to upload each song/file individually or can you just point to the 'music' folder and all folders and songs are uploaded.
It actually looks for music and uploads it. It got everything (according to the song count) except the stuff that APPLE SAYS HAS DRM EVEN THOUGH I BOUGHT THE VERSION WITHOUT DRM. Ok, I am calmer.

Unfortunately, for ebooks, I will have to figure something out. I can email 5 GB to my kindle, but then I would have to delete them. So that doesn't work. I can go in and upload book by book, but I have 3000 books, so that doesn't sound like fun. I guess I will just use it for music and movies for now. I don't think I will be reading any books on the Fire anyway - I like my K4 too much!!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert