Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
criffus
criffus began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad - eFLYBook
Navigation w/ buttons and eFLYBook...

Greetings-
I am not a developer or coder of any sort, so I apologize in-advance for not really being able to participate with real contributions here.

I have an iRex iLiad eFLYBook. I believe that there are various proprietary differences between the iLiad and eFLYBook, but I don't know what they are.

I have been participating in the eFLYBook forums and have been pushing for development of "stylus free" operations. As a pilot, I often do not have the luxury of using both hands when using devices in the cockpit. (I use iLiad/eFLYBook primarily as a chart viewer when making instrument-only approaches to airports) My desire is to be able to utilize the the arrow/select(dot) buttons to "scroll" through a character sequence (0-9, A-Z) and "map" the selections to keyboard input. Too keep this post short, I'll dispense with my (ignorant) ideas on how to do this. I'd be happy to elaborate to anyone who cares to listen, help, or provide guidance though...
If you care to, you can read more at http://efbforum.myairplane.com/index.php?showtopic=137

The folks at eFLYBook indicate that the SDK/API they have available is not making it easy to develop with regard to my specific request(s).
I'm simply looking for insight, opinions and ideas here.

Thanks for listening.
-Chris

Last edited by criffus; 02-04-2007 at 06:36 PM.
criffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #2
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Welcome to the forums Chris. I am a pilot as well though I do not have the eFlyBook, just a straight iLiad. I can understand your needs, I am not a developer so I cannot specifically state what you can do, though there are some very talented people here that might be able to help. There is a patch that can be applied to the firmware that will allow for "shell access" I do not know if something could be accomplished with that.

The other alternative would be to go to iRex directly with your request. They have a forum that has some of the actual iRex developers responding to posts. They might be able to assist you.

See iRex Forums

Good Luck!
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2008, 01:51 AM   #3
triq200
triq200 began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad IRex
This answer is a little late maybe but I have developed charts for the Iliad (EFlybook) that specifically do not require the stylus for operation. You can see them here http://www.flypaperless.com
triq200 is offline   Reply With Quote