Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #136
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
I tried with right-click, I tried with Control. I can insert text in the first column (name) but nothing in the find and replace columns.
Double clicking works for me...

Last edited by Serpentine; 09-28-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: derp
Old 09-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #137
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
How do I save my own regex in the Clip Editor?
I can add things there, works all great.
But once I close and restart Sigil they are all gone...
For Regex - use the Search Editor.

To save text in the Clip Editor, select text in Code View and right-click to add to Clip Editor, or just open Clip Editor. Then right click and select add entry. Double click on entries to edit them or right click on them to rename.
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #138
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Firstly, thanks everyone for the ongoing feedback, we have been hoping to see more comments like these to help us fine tune things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
How do I save my own regex in the Clip Editor?
I can add things there, works all great.
But once I close and restart Sigil they are all gone...
Hmmm, it seems to work fine for me? You are definitely clicking OK and not Cancel right? Try selecting some text in Code View, right-click and choose Add to Clip Editor. Give it a name, click OK. Open the clip editor (Tools->Clip Editor) and confirm it is still there? Then close Sigil, reopen it and verify whether it is now there?

Let us know how you get on. If that works, try the same thing but just adding a single Clip Entry. Also what Operating System/Sigil version?

The entries are stored in your Sigil settings file along with all your other settings. Are other things saved like keyboard shortcuts, window positions etc?
Quote:
Search Editor

It looks like a very good idea.

However, I have problems to make it work. I did not succeed to fill up one single full entry with name, find and replace.

I tried with right-click, I tried with Control. I can insert text in the first column (name) but nothing in the find and replace columns.

Compiled on Debian AMD-64.
The easiest way to add items to the Search Editor is to simply type your text into the actual Find and Replace area in the main window, then right-click in the Find dropdown and choose "Add to Searches". At that point you give it a name and job done. That same right-click in the Find dropdown also allows you to retrieve searches.

As Serpentine said double-clicking *currently* allows you to edit an item inside the Search Editor itself. However that behaviour is in discussion - it is a work in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
While I'm playing in the prefs area; Something I've noticed is that it could really do with a cancel button.
Funnily enough we did briefly look at that at one point, but it fell off the priority list. It just adds a little complexity to some of those Preferences panes as they now must defer applying changes to the end. I agree 100% it should have such functionality though one day. It is on the list.

Last edited by kiwidude; 09-28-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #139
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi

Search Editor

It looks like a very good idea.

However, I have problems to make it work. I did not succeed to fill up one single full entry with name, find and replace.

Compiled on Debian AMD-64.
Right click rename on each cell should work. So should double click, or the edit key (F2 I think).
Old 09-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #140
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Right click rename on each cell should work. So should double click, or the edit key (F2 I think).
Well, thanks, double-click did work.
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #141
meme
Sigil developer

Right click should give you a Rename option. Since we will probably make double click into an apply operation, then Ctrl+R or right-click Rename will be the only way to edit. Though we'll probably rename it to "Edit"

The layout/look of the Search/Clip Editor is still being adjusted - so you're feedback about what does/doesn't work is essential.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #142
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
For me right-click does not work. It always give me the "new entry" menu and opens only the name text field but does not open either the Find or Replace text fields.

Ctrl+R works well: it opens a text field if the cursor is on it. Though it looks less natural than plain double-click.

Last edited by roger64; 09-28-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #143
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Sorry, I meant Search editor earlier.
I guess the 2nd time I went into Clip Editor and could not find my saved regex from the Search Editor anymore.
So, everything works here, thanks!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #144
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@WS64 - thanks for feeding back so we can tick that one off. Yes their names are very similar.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #145
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
You are definitely clicking OK and not Cancel right?
This is why I don't like cancel buttons. The vast majority of the time they're unnecessary and lead to confusion.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:38 AM   #146
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I like the new Index Editor, which will come in handy for text book authors. It would be nice if the Index Editor supported pasting a list of index entries from the clipboard or importing a list of index entries from a plain text file. E.g. one word per line.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #147
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
The more I use this the more astonished I am by how transformative this version is. From the big stuff (saved Reg-ex templates—dear God (and kiwidude and meme and user_none), thank you) to the little stuff (being able to apply headings and <i>/<b> formatting on the fly in CV)... I tell you, you've cut my workflow time in half. Easily.

One of the really wonderful small fixes is the ability to replace searches without resetting the cursor on every page. I do seem to have found one weird glitch to this. When I'm searching for missing apostrophes("Bob s", "you re", "They ll", etc), I use the following expression:

Code:
(*UCP) (?=([stmd]|re|ve|ll)\b)(?!re-|\p{L}’)
and then replace the blank space with a fancy closing single-quote (’).

For whatever reason, it won't let me replace, neither with the "Replace" button nor the "Ctrl+]" keyboard shortcut! Not even if i reset the cursor at the beginning of the page. The only way to do it is to manually paste the apostrophe in the highlighted space... which is what i'd been doing in 5.3 anyway, so no biggie. Still, thought I'd share.

Last edited by ElMiko; 09-29-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #148
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
The more I use this the more astonished I am by how transformative this version is. From the big stuff (saved Reg-ex templates—dear God (and kiwidude and meme and Serpentine), thank you) to the little stuff (being able to apply headings and <i>/<b> formatting on the fly in CV)... I tell you, you've cut my workflow time in half. Easily.

One of the really wonderful small fixes is the ability to replace searches without resetting the cursor on every page. I do seem to have found one weird glitch to this. When I'm searching for missing apostrophes("Bob s", "you re", "They ll", etc), I use the following expression:

Code:
(*UCP) (?=([stmd]|re|ve|ll)\b)(?!re-|\p{L}’)
and then replace the blank space with a fancy closing single-quote (’).

For whatever reason, it won't let me replace, neither with the "Replace" button nor the "Ctrl+]" keyboard shortcut! Not even if i reset the cursor at the beginning of the page. The only way to do it is to manually paste the apostrophe in the highlighted space... which is what i'd been doing in 5.3 anyway, so no biggie. Still, thought I'd share.
What is your exact Find and exact Replace values?

For amusement, right click on the Find text box, select Add to Searches. Then open the Search Editor. Select that entry, right click and select export. Save it somewhere and attach it to a post
Old 09-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #149
kiwidude

@ElMiko - Stoked to hear about reducing your workflow time - I find exactly the same, it takes me a tiny fraction of what it used to take apply the book editing changes I do (x2 for every time it used to crash ). And I bet you still haven't found half the things we put in there yet..

I can replicate your F&R issue, I will take a look into it. (BTW this sounds exactly like the comment exaltedwombat made a few pages ago, so it is nice to be able to group those two items together with a repro case now).

Edit: Ok, the problem will be with trying a replace with either of lookahead or lookbehind assertions in your regex. A fix that was put in for issue 1486 is incompatible with either of these. I think we are going to have to remove that 1486 fix and find another way to do it...

Last edited by kiwidude; 09-29-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #150
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
@kiwidude—sorry for missing that! I'm glad you could reproduce it, though. And believe me, I don't doubt the existence of as-yet unearthed treasures. I really need to give the user manual a thorough read... I'd already tested one book out in its entirety before discovering the Saved Reg-Ex option. Who knows how much else I've missed that's been staring me plain in the face, let alone all the easter-eggs you've all scattered throughout the program.

@meme—it's probably not necessary now, but here's the attached .ini for the RegEx in question.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Find apostrophes REGEX.rar (229 Bytes, 80 views)

Last edited by ElMiko; 09-29-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Closed Thread