Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
Kanlee
Kanlee began at the beginning.

Device: none,still trying to decide
Hello from midwest or central?

I would like to say hello to all,have been reading posts and trying to decide on an ereader to get myself now or later.I bought my wife a Kindle2 in Dec. and she loves it.I am so far just borrowing books from the local area libraries that combine in this rural area.They do not have E reader loans.They do not carry all that I would like to read,also I have bought a lot of books in the past from Amazon.My local library can get some books they do not have from out of area libraries for a one dollar charge and that is no to bad either.I have also downloaded about one hundred books from Feedbooks but do not like to read on the computer.Well thaty is about it for the brief discription.
Kanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, kanlee.

If you get another k2, you and your wife can "share" the same amazon account, and any books bought.

You wouldn't be able to do this with another device, unless you started messing with stripping the drm.

Enjoy the forums, and don't hesitate to ask questions or jump in on threads that interest you....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. This forum should help you decide if you want a reader or not. ANd also which one to choose. Check out the forums on eBook uploads (these are books created by members from copyright free sources) as well as the Deal & Freebie forum. There are heaps of books you can get for free as well as for little money to make a reader worthwhile.

But even if you decide against a reader, the forum is a great place to get recommendations on other books / authors and just to hang out and have a bit of fun.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Kanlee and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hi there and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
Kanlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, kanlee.

If you get another k2, you and your wife can "share" the same amazon account, and any books bought.

You wouldn't be able to do this with another device, unless you started messing with stripping the drm.

Enjoy the forums, and don't hesitate to ask questions or jump in on threads that interest you....
To bad we do not read the same kinds of books but I cannot get into romance novels.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanlee View Post
To bad we do not read the same kinds of books but I cannot get into romance novels.
Thats not a problem.

You surely have in the past read a book or two that you wanted to "share"?

I was just saying that it would be easy to do so with the same device.

Now......you can do so with a different device, after you've liberated the book.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #8
Kanlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Thats not a problem.

You surely have in the past read a book or two that you wanted to "share"?

I was just saying that it would be easy to do so with the same device.

Now......you can do so with a different device, after you've liberated the book.
One reason I am holding off is because I use a Mac.which I like over windows and Amazon still does not support Mac for download of their format.B&N does and they are newer?So I am leaning towards the Nook but am still waiting to make sure they have the bugs worked out.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #9
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi Kanlee, you can also look for books that aren't DRM protected--many indie authors make their content unprotected, and Smashwords carries books in multiple formats.

Scott Nicholson
http://hauntedcomputerbooks.blogspot.com
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
Kanlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nicholson View Post
Hi Kanlee, you can also look for books that aren't DRM protected--many indie authors make their content unprotected, and Smashwords carries books in multiple formats.

Scott Nicholson
http://hauntedcomputerbooks.blogspot.com
Thanks --I have tried to get on their site a few times but it was taking forever to load and I gave up.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #11
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Welcome to MR!
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Welcome to MobileRead !
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #13
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to MobileRead! I get a lot of books from Smashwords- love that site.

I also love my sony with a real passion. That gets my vote!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:33 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

welcome to mobileread ...

[we all must have missed you joining last year ]
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote