Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-13-2013, 12:37 AM   #1
bjbla
bjbla began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD + and Nook HD
Angry Calibre giving problems with sending books to Nook +.

I bought my Nook + in Feb but had the Nook HD already. so far I really like the Nook+. I have ran into a problem now with Calibre and the Nook. Up until the last couple of upgrades I was able to plug the Nook into my laptop and transfer my new books with Calibre to the Nook. Now when I plug Nook into laptop it does not tell me that they are connected. I can go to My Computer and sure enough it shows up but no way to send books to it. Is this a glitch in the Calibre program what? I just updated the Calibre to latest update but I'm still having the problems. Can anyone explain to me what is wrong and is the a fix for it?
bjbla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:42 AM   #2
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
Maybe you could post this in the dedicated Calibre forum. Calibre's developers post in there and may be able to help you.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the calibre forum, where more expert advice may possibly be given.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbla View Post
I bought my Nook + in Feb but had the Nook HD already. so far I really like the Nook+. I have ran into a problem now with Calibre and the Nook. Up until the last couple of upgrades I was able to plug the Nook into my laptop and transfer my new books with Calibre to the Nook. Now when I plug Nook into laptop it does not tell me that they are connected. I can go to My Computer and sure enough it shows up but no way to send books to it. Is this a glitch in the Calibre program what? I just updated the Calibre to latest update but I'm still having the problems. Can anyone explain to me what is wrong and is the a fix for it?
Please post a calibre device detection debug log. To get one of these, go to Preferences -> Miscellaneous, press the "Debug device detection" button, copy the results to the clipboard and post them in this thread.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
bjbla

calibre 1.6 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7600 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b34&rev0005',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b3c&rev0005',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201&mi_02',
u'usb\\vid_064e&pid_a219&rev_0215',
u'usb\\vid_064e&pid_a219&rev_0215&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_2080&pid_0005&rev_0216',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 85, in __call__
DriveError: No removable drives found
Drives detected:

No disabled plugins
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
List of WPD PNP ids:
[u'\\\\?\\usb#vid_2080&pid_0005#3025220150784302#{6 ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}']
No suitable MTP devices found

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None

I also have the Nook plugged into my laptop and Calibre turned on.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
According to that debug log windows is telling calibre that you have no removable devices plugged into your computer. Therefore calibre cannot connect to anything. I suggest using windows system restore to walk back to the point where you started having trouble.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:35 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You might also try rebooting both the nook and the laptop and trying again.
Quote:
I also have the Nook plugged into my laptop and Calibre turned on.
I am not sure what this means. Calibre had to be running to run the device detection debug test, and the nook (the nook +?) should have been plugged in before running the test. Is that what you are saying?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
bjbla

Yes, that is what I am saying. I did plug both the Nook HD+ and had Calibre turned on same time when I ran the debug test.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
bjbla

Ok, I re-booted the Nook HD+ and Calibre and plugged everything back in. I am still only getting in MY Computer under portable devices My Nook. But it is not showing in Calibre that the nook is connected. I tried to go back to an earlier date on my computer but it only had a date of 10/10 reboot day. That won't help me since this started about two weeks ago. I have been searching for help since. Someone was kind enough to give me this link.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #10
cynthia399
cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Astak Mentor
If you are comfortable with running 3rd party software you could download a program called usbdview from http://nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html. I used this program to get my nooks recognized by my computer by following the steps:

close calibre
Start usbdview as administrator
ctl-f search for nook devices
delete all entries for the nook
close usbdview
plug in your nook and windows will reinstall the drivers
start caliber and your nook should be recognized.
cynthia399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
bjbla

I am getting ready to fly back home to Calif so will try the 3rd party softwear then. Thank you all for the advice you have given me. Appreciate it.

Barb
Old 10-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #12
bjbla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia399 View Post
If you are comfortable with running 3rd party software you could download a program called usbdview from http://nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html. I used this program to get my nooks recognized by my computer by following the steps:

close calibre
Start usbdview as administrator
ctl-f search for nook devices
delete all entries for the nook
close usbdview
plug in your nook and windows will reinstall the drivers
start caliber and your nook should be recognized.

I then deleted all entries on the Nook, disconnected the Nook and turned off program. I thenplugged in my Nook and it instralle the drivers for it. Calier was turned on but does not recognize the nook still.
I was wondering if I save all my books on a external drive and uninstall the calibre program and then re-install it again, like starting all over, and put books ack in calibre if that woul help.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I then deleted all entries on the Nook, disconnected the Nook and turned off program. I thenplugged in my Nook and it instralle the drivers for it. Calier was turned on but does not recognize the nook still.
I was wondering if I save all my books on a external drive and uninstall the calibre program and then re-install it again, like starting all over, and put books ack in calibre if that woul help.
Calibre (also) stores settings in the configuration folder, Which is why uninstalling does not forget settings like Library location
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #14
bjbla

so I found out. I went ahead and saved all books and uninstalled. Well, the books were still in calibre and it still isn't finding my nook.
This might be a dumb question but where is the configeration folder? Is it in the calibre program itself?

Thanks for all the help
Old 10-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
so I found out. I went ahead and saved all books and uninstalled. Well, the books were still in calibre and it still isn't finding my nook.
This might be a dumb question but where is the configuration folder? Is it in the calibre program itself?

Thanks for all the help
It is a hidden folder in your User folder: deleting this just means your settings are gone: not the Library

C:\Users\<your logon>\AppData\Roaming\calibre

If Calibre had been installed: Preferences: Miscellaneous: Click the button near the bottom would have taken you there
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote