Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-30-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Wink First Week with a new Sony Reader 505

Hi - for people who are considering a Sony, I wanted to say that I completely LOVE it.

I have several full bookcases, and couldn't face adding more, so I decided to look for a digital solution. After reading the reviews in the forum, I ordered a Sony from R&J from New York. (Since I'm Canadian, the Kindle wasn't an option)

I found it to be quite foreign the first day, and thought I'd made a mistake. However, now that I've had a chance to really make friends with it, I couldn't be happier.

It's sleek. It's compact and fits in my purse. I can prop it up in bed and keep my hands warm under the covers (u-shaped neck pillow from the airport - small beanbag type). There is years of free reading on the internet. The battery lasts well, and I can even keep reading while it recharges with my PSP charger.

Best of all, I will never again have to stagger through airports with pounds of books on my shoulders. It's fantastic!
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
Glad to hear it Victoria, I've had mine for about a month now and I feel just as you do.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Victoria. I got a 505 back in January and really like it a lot. I especially like the fact you can take a small library with you on a trip in the space of a notebook. Given the choice I prefer print books but, OTOH, I've already plowed through eight digital novels on my 505.

And contrary to what you might hear, I did not get the 505 so I could occasionally read a chapter or two at work without my boss catching on. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
canicula
Enthusiast
canicula doesn't littercanicula doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Given the choice I prefer print books but, OTOH, I've already plowed through eight digital novels on my 505.
I look for an electronic copy of books now first. Sony Store to start with, then the other eStores, then physical books from Amazon UK.

I'd rather read fiction on the eReader 505. For books with colour pictures or formats that are too large for the Sony screen (coffee table type books and stuff) then they are best as real books. But for novels, web page, magazine and newspaper articles from the web(converted to RTF in Word), then I much prefer using the 505.

Ian
canicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
DasFool
DasFool began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Kindle DXG
Just finished my first week with my Sony 505 and I love it. I've been converting like a madman, trying to replicate my paper book collection. Things are going well. The abundance of tools available makes everything work. I applaud everyone who's put time into making this device better.
DasFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:47 AM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Hi - for people who are considering a Sony, I wanted to say that I completely LOVE it.
I'm glad you are enjoying the device. I too have grown attached to my device and now pretty much carry this device everywhere I go, so that I may get a quick read when the opertunity presents itself.

The tools and support on this site have transitioned this device from cool to indispensable.
Wish you many happy hours of reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
The battery lasts well, and I can even keep reading while it recharges with my PSP charger.
That is pretty cool!
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote