Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #16
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
In a word - 'fugly'
It has left me with the face portrayed by your avatar. It's just so... so 2008.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #17
Avarwen
Connoisseur
Avarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of light

Device: EZ_ Reader, Nook wifi, Kindle 3G
I wonder what e book stores you'll be able to buy from.
Avarwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #18
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
... asian second-tier vendors rushing to copy the same flawed design? ...
Acer are the second biggest supplier of PC's in the world by volume.

Just saying...
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarwen View Post
I wonder what e book stores you'll be able to buy from.
Their touting B&N for the US, Libri.de in Germany and Founder in China. So ePub in both B&N style and Adobe Adept DRM I guess.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #20
Avarwen
Connoisseur
Avarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of light

Device: EZ_ Reader, Nook wifi, Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Their touting B&N for the US, Libri.de in Germany and Founder in China. So ePub in both B&N style and Adobe Adept DRM I guess.
Not bad I wonder if any of the other android readers will use the Amazon store.
Avarwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2010, 12:16 AM   #21
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
Acer are the second biggest supplier of PC's in the world by volume.

Just saying...
I know. They make good ones, too.
I'm very happy with my Acer netbook.
(Not particularly innovative, though; one could argue that second-tier vendors are followers, not innovators. )

But since we aren't talking PCs, but ebook readers...
Well, they *are* a wee bit late to the ebook market, no?
They'll actually be lagging the Pandigital ebook reader among other "established" players.

My point was that not only are a lot of the second-tier vendors late to the party, their products all stink of a panicky "me, too!" by virtue of their derivative design. If you're going to copy a market leader, at least try to understand what is right and what is wrong with what you're copying.

Just sayin'...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:57 AM   #22
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Looks awful. This late to the market and they can't even surpass other cheap Chinese clones of the Kindle. That's just pathetic for a company like Acer. Probably should not have expected much different though.

Kudos on the scanner, if it works well. I guess if they're going to go the mindless copycat with extra gimmick route, the scanner is a nifty gimmick.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:01 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've changed the title of the thread appropriately.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:54 AM   #24
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
IMHO that would have to be the worst ergonomic layout on an ereader ever. The page turn buttons are too low compared to the entire length of the unit, it would be out of balance and awkward to hold comfortably after a while.

Many many new ereaders have been mentioned as coming to market, I'd like to see them come instead of hearing that they *will* come (Alex anyone? BenQ? PVI screens?? I could go on)
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #25
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
IMHO that would have to be the worst ergonomic layout on an ereader ever. The page turn buttons are too low compared to the entire length of the unit, it would be out of balance and awkward to hold comfortably after a while.

Many many new ereaders have been mentioned as coming to market, I'd like to see them come instead of hearing that they *will* come (Alex anyone? BenQ? PVI screens?? I could go on)
You probably mean Adam, since Alex has came out 2 month ago at least.
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #26
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikov View Post
You probably mean Adam, since Alex has came out 2 month ago at least.
Yes I do, thankyou for picking up on my error. Either way, there are a list promised yet aren't delivered.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote