Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #61
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
I checked the epub you mentioned. The problem occurs because the main page is missing in the navmap of the epub. So it's not EPUBReader's fault .
If you don't display the flow, it is EPUBReader's fault.
navMap is strictly for the TOC, any EPUB compliant reader should follow the order of the flows as defined in the spine of the OPF file, and only display the flow if it doesn't have a linear attribute or if linear is set to "yes".
Old 11-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #62
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
If you don't display the flow, it is EPUBReader's fault.
navMap is strictly for the TOC, any EPUB compliant reader should follow the order of the flows as defined in the spine of the OPF file, and only display the flow if it doesn't have a linear attribute or if linear is set to "yes".
Thanks for your feedback, Hadrien! You are right, in the meantime I've learned, that the problem was caused by the wrong behaviour of EBUBReader. I've already fixed that in the new version 1.1.0.
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #63
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepinto View Post
- search for books in Feedbooks / Mobileread / Project Gutenberg / Google Books / Inkmesh.
That's a very easy feature to provide for Feedbooks since we have an OpenSearch Document that Firefox can use to search on our service: http://www.feedbooks.com/opensearch.xml

Various reading systems (including Stanza on the iPhone and Aldikon on Android) also use our OPDS feeds (Atom-based) to explore and download content.

Our main OPDS catalog is available at: http://www.feedbooks.com/catalog.atom
For browsers, we even offer a XSL stylesheet to turn our OPDS feeds and our full entries into XHTML. If a plugin disable the default stylesheet for Firefox and use our XSL instead, it should provide a simple way to browse through Feedbooks.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #64
josepinto
Connoisseur
josepinto began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 5320
Viewer only

Quote:
Originally Posted by readx View Post
I'm not a huge fan of the hole library stuff provided with this plugin. Therefore I will only second functions providing a better reading experience.
- combine epub files (script ???)
- Annotations
- bookmarking were you have left reading
- option to save files outside Firefox profile
- change background / text colour /font without affecting Firefox general settings

Please don't try to make a all in one solution (editor / library/ viewer). Just stick with the viewer.
All I want is a viewer.

There are already alternatives for editors and library (see Sigil and Calibre).
Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #65
josepinto
Connoisseur
josepinto began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 5320
Search newspapers in Feebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
That's a very easy feature to provide for Feedbooks since we have an OpenSearch Document that Firefox can use to search on our service: http://www.feedbooks.com/opensearch.xml

Various reading systems (including Stanza on the iPhone and Aldikon on Android) also use our OPDS feeds (Atom-based) to explore and download content.

Our main OPDS catalog is available at: http://www.feedbooks.com/catalog.atom
For browsers, we even offer a XSL stylesheet to turn our OPDS feeds and our full entries into XHTML. If a plugin disable the default stylesheet for Firefox and use our XSL instead, it should provide a simple way to browse through Feedbooks.
Hi Hadrien,

One thing I never understood is if it is possible to search for feeds or newspapers aside popular feeds or popular newspapers. In other words, how can I search if a specific rss feed already existes in Feddboos news or I have to create it.
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #66
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
When you say it is possible to see the Authors name now. Where is it shown?

Dale
Old 11-07-2009, 04:07 AM   #67
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
When you say it is possible to see the Authors name now. Where is it shown?

Dale
In the moment it's shown on the epub-library page but I'll change this, that it will also be shown in the Firefox title.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #68
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Using your addon, I can open the sample epub files that you mentioned in previous post. But when I tried to open epub files on my local disk, Firefox always pop a dialogue to download (open...).
My system: Windows XP, Firefox 3.5.5.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #69
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I ran into an interesting problem downloading ePUB ebooks from this web site. When clicked the attachment to try and download an eBook it was read by the program instead and when I used shift and click with usually forces a download it attempted to download the attachment.php file. What I ended up doing was a right click and use download target as ... choice. Hopefully this will help someone.

Dale
Old 11-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #70
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Using your addon, I can open the sample epub files that you mentioned in previous post. But when I tried to open epub files on my local disk, Firefox always pop a dialogue to download (open...).
My system: Windows XP, Firefox 3.5.5.
Hi, thanks for your feedback! How do you open your locale files? Using Firefox menu "File/File open"?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #71
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Quote:
How do you open your locale files? Using Firefox menu "File/File open"?
Yes.

BTW, can you add a epub filename extension filter in Firefox?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #72
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Yes.

BTW, can you add a epub filename extension filter in Firefox?
Hm , just to make sure I understand exactly what you mean: You go to the Firefox "File/File open" menu, select the wanted epub-file, click on the "open" button. In the next step the epub-file is not displayed, but you see another Firefox dialog? Could you please send me a screenshot of this dialog?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #73
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Hm , just to make sure I understand exactly what you mean: You go to the Firefox "File/File open" menu, select the wanted epub-file, click on the "open" button. In the next step the epub-file is not displayed, but you see another Firefox dialog? Could you please send me a screenshot of this dialog?
Yes, I use menu of firefox (File/Open File) to open a epub file on my local disk. This is my screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss.JPG
Views:	898
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	38773  
Old 11-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #74
Olympus
Connoisseur
Olympus will become famous soon enoughOlympus will become famous soon enoughOlympus will become famous soon enoughOlympus will become famous soon enoughOlympus will become famous soon enoughOlympus will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket & Bookeen CyGen 3
Thumbs up Thank you

a short "thank you" as I'm a happy user of your plug-in as-is.
no complaints - no defects - no errors

one "nice to have" request: a pre-set font-size for TOC and one for the content
Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #75
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

ericshliao: From the image you are trying to load an epub file with embedded fonts. Try a different file that does not have embedded fonts. You should walk before trying to run.

Dale
Closed Thread