Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-12-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
FlyGoneCrazy
FlyGoneCrazy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
DOC2LRF or RTF2LRF with pictures

Hello,

I have one problem - when I'm trying to convert DOC/RTF to LRF all pictures from that file are gone. Is there any way to create a LRF book with pictures?
I've already tried DOC convert to LIT and then LIT convert to LRF. Works perfectly, but there is other problem - text is in Lithuanian language and I suppose Microsoft Reader doesn't support unicode.
I also tried conversion with BBeB Binder, everything was fine exept unicode support

Best Regards
Fly
FlyGoneCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:07 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Book Designer (the tool that I use for all the books that I upload) certainly supports pictures.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 06:10 AM   #3
FlyGoneCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Book Designer (the tool that I use for all the books that I upload) certainly supports pictures.
I have tried that tool, but i can't import text with pictures. If don't mind, you can trie to convert that file:
http://rapidshare.com/files/11432484...anian.doc.html

Thanks for your help.

B.R.
Fly
Old 05-12-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGoneCrazy View Post
I have tried that tool, but i can't import text with pictures. If don't mind, you can trie to convert that file:
http://rapidshare.com/files/11432484...anian.doc.html
Your file doesn't have pictures embedded - tried to open it in Word and get empty picture place holders with text in them like:
Code:
C:\Users\tomkzr\Downloads\Hasekas, Jaroslavas - [LT] - Sauniojo kareivio Sveiko nuotykiai\images\004.gif
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:15 AM   #5
FlyGoneCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by torbich View Post
Your file doesn't have pictures embedded - tried to open it in Word and get empty picture place holders with text in them like:
Code:
C:\Users\tomkzr\Downloads\Hasekas, Jaroslavas - [LT] - Sauniojo kareivio Sveiko nuotykiai\images\004.gif
OK, now I get it, when I converted this book from HTML to DOC, pictures have been not embedded to DOC file, but appear like links. Thanks.
But I have one more question. Is there possibility to get rid of text, that automatically is included at the end of the book, when I'm creating it with BookDesigner? Thank you.
Advert
Old 05-13-2008, 02:17 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The BD "credit" at the end? No, that's always there.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
No Pictures from RTF2LRF

Hi Fly,

Here is what I do because I want the least amount of work (learning curve included)

1) Export Doc/RTF to HTML
2) Zip up HTML with images doc.zip
// (Calib requires you to have the file zipped to include the images)
// If you rune HTML2LRF from the command line you do not need to zip
// the files
3) Import to Calibe (to use the HTML2LRF)
4) Convert to LRF (calibe transparently uses HTML2LRF)
Images and formating will be preserved with the HTML

or change your doc page size to 120mmx90mm and print as a PDF.

--
Hope this helps
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote