Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #76
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
ixtab, you are a god. Or goddess. Whatever.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #77
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
ixtab, you are a god. Or goddess. Whatever.

Thanks!

In return, here's the source code of kubrick.jar: https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kubrick
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #78
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Version 2.0 - now for real

Version 2.0 is now available for download from the first post.

... and this is off-topic, and probably not for everyone. But I like it.

Spoiler:

Last edited by ixtab; 02-22-2013 at 03:52 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #79
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think Kubrick now deserves being mentioned in OP of the "Simple debricking" thread and on wiki as well.
The "Simple debricking" instructions are in fact complicated as hell compared to Kubrick.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #80
Drodea
Drodea began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Thanks for the Kubrick, I just have a question, I selected jailbrake, now How can I know that this is jailbroken, also i wanted to know if this will still jailbroken after install new upgrades from amazon
Drodea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #81
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodea View Post
Thanks for the Kubrick, I just have a question, I selected jailbrake, now How can I know that this is jailbroken, also i wanted to know if this will still jailbroken after install new upgrades from amazon
You will know that it is jailbroke when you try to install a custom mod, and if it installs, you are jailbroke. Jailbreak will survive the update back to 5.3.2 on Touch. But then you have to reinstall everything else. So it is best to jailbreak, upgrade, then install everything you want intstalled.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #82
pspvhp
pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle touch 5.3.2
change resources k5

I download your kubrick. Nice job
Now I want to change folder resources on this tool ( from kt 5.1.2 to 5.1.0 )
you can show me how to get it
pspvhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:07 AM   #83
superium
superium began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
great job !
superium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #84
mike7
mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle touch 5.1.2; KOBO AURA ONE; PW2 :(
kubrick for Kindle touch

In table after boot is selection for K4 - (non tuch) or K5.
Can I used it for my Kindle touch 5.3.2?
THX
mike7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #85
dsmid
Linux devotee

K5 = Kindle Touch.
I doesn't matter what firmware version you have (or whether you actually have any firmware installed at all).
Kubrick doesn't rely on any firmware features, it operates with pure metal and rewrites everything without mercy (with the exception of user data and documents).

Last edited by dsmid; 02-23-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #86
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspvhp View Post
Now I want to change folder resources on this tool ( from kt 5.1.2 to 5.1.0 )
you can show me how to get it
See http://doc.slitaz.org/en:handbook:hacklivecd .
If it's beyond your abilities, don't even try and flash your Kindle manually instead.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #87
superium
superium began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
could it be loaded by grub4dos ?
i've tried :
title [0] kubrick for debrick kindle3
root (hd0,9)/kubrick
kernel /BOOT/VMLINUZ_.6_S root=/dev/ram0 PMEDIA=satahd psubdir=kubrick pfix=ram
initrd /BOOT/BZIMAGE

title [6] KUBRICK iso
root (hd0,8)
map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 --mem /kubrick.iso (hd32)
map --hook
chainloader (hd32)
boot
--------------------------
both fail.
superium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #88
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by superium View Post
could it be loaded by grub4dos ?
i've tried :
title [0] kubrick for debrick kindle3
root (hd0,9)/kubrick
kernel /BOOT/VMLINUZ_.6_S root=/dev/ram0 PMEDIA=satahd psubdir=kubrick pfix=ram
initrd /BOOT/BZIMAGE

title [6] KUBRICK iso
root (hd0,8)
map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 --mem /kubrick.iso (hd32)
map --hook
chainloader (hd32)
boot
--------------------------
both fail.
Just set the BIOS of your machine to search for a bootable CD as the first thing in the search order.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #89
mike7
mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle touch 5.1.2; KOBO AURA ONE; PW2 :(
wrong HW

THX for advice, but I screw it up! and selected wrong HW so I now have on my K-touch FW for K3. During reaplication kubrick boot SW it ended (after holding power and selection button device) to reboot then it switch to normal screen but in K3 so I cannot manage it with touch device....
kubrick is still red and wait for connection...
Can I ask for help?
mike7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #90
dsmid
Linux devotee

You need to put your Kindle Touch into USB downloader mode, just press and hold both power button and home button until Kubrick is able to detect it.