Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-26-2024, 07:54 PM   #1156
Mastero2D
Mastero2D began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
When I was a kid I read a novel about a cursed/evil female doll, the cover was a blueprint design of the doll and from my memory most of the book was about other alive (not cursed) toys dealing with the doll in the kids bedroom/playroom, does anyone have any ideas? I asked ChatGPT but it kept thinking it was Goosebumps when I think the book was standalone
Mastero2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 05:26 AM   #1157
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
For me its almost impossible to describe but there was a fantasy series I read as a teen I just can't remember the name. I read it in the early 80s to mid 1980s and I remember a cover with a pyramid and a hooded man. For the life of me i can't remember what it was about but I want to find it. I think the man was an assassin. Not sure. it came out around the time Decision at Doona was published first so sometime after 1969 perhaps
I'll take a long shot here: John Christopher, "The Tripods" [3 or 4 in the series?] - but no hooded man.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tripods-P...56662/25241818
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2024, 08:34 AM   #1158
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Try these covers
https://novelflavor.com/all/type/books-about-evil+dolls

There is also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chucky_(Child%27s_Play), not to be confused with Chocky.

Last edited by Quoth; 02-02-2024 at 08:38 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 11:37 AM   #1159
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post

I'm going to have to check those out, the ones I'm not familiar with.

Thank you!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
children's books, christie, forgotten title, four just men, mystery stories, teen sleuths