Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
To Buy Or Not To Buy

I agree that the new Kindle Fire looks cool, but if I wanted a tablet I would buy an Ipad. Rebels don't like to follow the herd, but sometimes, you just got to do what a man has to do, and in that case, if you want a tablet, the Ipad is the choice.

I use my Kindle 3 for reading books. Not magazines, not web browsing, not playing games, but reading books. It is superb at that, and as long as I don't expect anything else from it, it is wonderful.

For me, I will stick with the K3. I might be tempted to buy the new Kindle 3 with keyboard, but I don't see any difference between the one listed and mine. The price is nice but that appears to be the only difference.

After using my wifes Ipod, I can not imagine reading books on a touch screen device. How long would it be before you couldn't see the words from all the skin oils, not to mention if you happen to be eating PB&J.

Nope, I firmly believe in the adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Having said that, I will say that if a new Kindle comes out, with Eink, and keyboard, that has more memory, or an SD slot, or that allows me to read other formats, or is different without changing the fundementals, I will be the first in line to purchase one.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
The one listed is exactly the same as your Kindle 3. They just renamed it Kindle Keyboard to differentiate it from all the other products. We have a lot of Kindle models floating around out there now.

At this point I think Jeff Bezos could probably sell me the moon.

At one point (years ago) I told my husband not to buy me a digital reader because I wasn't interested. 4 months later I ordered myself a Kindle.

I said that the free Kindle Prime offers were nice, but I'd never pay for that service. I was wrong.

Then I said I wasn't interested in buying another LCD tablet. We have 2 iPADS and a nook color here already. I ordered two Kindle Fires for the kid's Christmas presents.

I swore I'd never buy a touchscreen Kindle. Guess what I ordered this morning?

I am obviously not the person to ask if you are looking for confirmation of not buying an Amazon product.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert