Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 03:07 AM   #1
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Today is compliment day!

Today is compliment day in Belgium. The idea: everyone is encouraged to give lots of compliments to family and friends. So I thought I'd give you guys a compliment

When I signed up, I didn't expect to find so many friendly, funny and intelligent people. You've made me feel welcome from day one. Your posts have made me smile, have lifted my mood when I was a little 'down', had me roaring with laughter or made me think about the way the world works.

Thank you for letting me be part of this wonderful community!
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:43 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 03:59 AM   #3
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
What a terrific idea!

Cheers & Karma
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:01 AM   #4
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
Today is compliment day in Belgium. The idea: everyone is encouraged to give lots of compliments to family and friends. So I thought I'd give you guys a compliment

When I signed up, I didn't expect to find so many friendly, funny and intelligent people. You've made me feel welcome from day one. Your posts have made me smile, have lifted my mood when I was a little 'down', had me roaring with laughter or made me think about the way the world works.

desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:08 AM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Today is compliment day in Belgium. The idea: everyone is encouraged to give lots of compliments to family and friends.
Do you celebrate a compliment day each year on March 1st or is this something special this year? But anyway, let's spread some compliments:

- Compliment to Belgium for initiating such a fine day! This evening you must be a nation of happy people with so much compliments flying around!

- Compliment to you, Iridal! I'm happy that you are here with us, you make our community a little bit richer, funnier, friendlier!

- Compliment to Harry for your fine books! (I fear, from my last posts on this topic you got a wrong impression of my opinion about them, but I've always liked them very much and appreciated your thorough work).
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 05:48 AM   #6
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:

Ah. Dear Iridal. *You* are wonderful. In your forceful and natural way. Have thousands of kisses.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:20 AM   #7
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Belgium is such a wonderful country, don't you think?
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:45 AM   #8
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Do you celebrate a compliment day each year on March 1st or is this something special this year? But anyway, let's spread some compliments:

- Compliment to Belgium for initiating such a fine day! This evening you must be a nation of happy people with so much compliments flying around!

- Compliment to you, Iridal! I'm happy that you are here with us, you make our community a little bit richer, funnier, friendlier!

- Compliment to Harry for your fine books! (I fear, from my last posts on this topic you got a wrong impression of my opinion about them, but I've always liked them very much and appreciated your thorough work).
I think this is the first time we had a 'compliment day'. But last year people were encouraged to say 'hello' to strangers on the street, on the train, ... This campaign lasted a week. There were also people who walked around in the big cities, and if you said 'hello' back to them they gave you a little prize. For being a nice person I really like this kind of iniatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Ah. Dear Iridal. *You* are wonderful. In your forceful and natural way. Have thousands of kisses.
Aww, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Yes it is! Thank you for that nice compliment

EDIT: just did some research. It's 'national compliment day' in Belgium (2nd time), the Netherlands (9th time) and Norway (1st time).

Last edited by Iridal; 03-01-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #9
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
I don't know-- I just can't make up my mind.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #10
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
What a nice idea, Iridal. I think a doughnut would be a very nice complement to this cup of coffee before me.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #11
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:

EDIT: just did some research. It's 'national compliment day' in Belgium (2nd time), the Netherlands (9th time) and Norway (1st time).
Mmmm, that might be a bit more difficult
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
What a wonderful idea
astra is offline   Reply With Quote