Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-27-2008, 04:09 AM   #1
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
Wink New from Spain

I'm dutch but I'm living in Spain. As all of you I've been hooked on reading all my life. As a matter of fact when I moved to Spain I only had two suitcases, one with clothes and the other one filled with books.

Apart from reading I also like to collect books, and have a fine collection of illuminated facsimil books (14t, 15h and 16th century), and of course hundreds and hundreds of paper books, I lost count years ago.

So I decided to buy myself an e-book, the cybook, last month, and I love it...

And... I'd love to share my experiences with all of you.

anahid
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by anahid View Post
I'm dutch but I'm living in Spain. As all of you I've been hooked on reading all my life. As a matter of fact when I moved to Spain I only had two suitcases, one with clothes and the other one filled with books.

Apart from reading I also like to collect books, and have a fine collection of illuminated facsimil books (14t, 15h and 16th century), and of course hundreds and hundreds of paper books, I lost count years ago.

So I decided to buy myself an e-book, the cybook, last month, and I love it...

And... I'd love to share my experiences with all of you.

anahid
Well, welcome welcome and I, for one, would love to hear some of your experiences. Especially how you came to be living in Spain and how you like it!

Last edited by desertgrandma; 08-27-2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: addendum
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi anahid and welcome to the Forum.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:54 AM   #4
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
me again

As I told before I'm the happy owner of a cybook gen3 which I bought in Spain (Apolo XXIII), apart from the soft leather cover which I bought directly from Bookeen. I've had it for 3 weeks now and i have downloaded about 200 books (and read 6 or 7).

Indeed the cybook isn't really comfortable with pdf files, but I have converted several pdf files with the mobireader and that works fine (I haven't tried images yet) with text (flows perfectly and respects most of the charac teristics of the text)

Apart from novels I intend to use the cybook also for studying, I usually make my own summaries of the books I have to study, in word, and I have converted them all to mobipocket files and it looks great.

I'm not sure yet if I can purchase studybooks directly in ebook format, the link to the Uned ebook webpage doesn't work for now, but I do hope so.

Before buying I compared the different options, but found this one the most suitable to my needs, I'd like the Iliad, but I believe it's to expensive. The only thing I'd say against the Cybook, but I believe it's a problem with most ebook readers, is the way it organizes it's library (or maybe I should say, does NOT organize).

anahid
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote