Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 11:54 PM   #121
MechR
Connoisseur
MechR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
No reaction when I plugged in (other than the charging LED lighting up), but after holding down the power button for several seconds, it was able to reboot and install the update. Whew!

Wifi seemed broken at first (no networks detected, manually entering network info still failed to connect), but another reboot fixed that too.

SD card ebooks work too, so it looks like I'm good Thanks!

Edit: Incidentally, the firmware version is 1.9.11 (6/1/13). So, a year old. Maybe N289 gets different updates from N647.

Last edited by MechR; 06-22-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:29 AM   #122
lcrmtt719
lcrmtt719 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
hi does anyone have an image file having same issues.thanks
Advert
Old 06-26-2014, 06:36 AM   #123
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:20 AM   #124
themadpenciler
themadpenciler began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wireless
I'm in the same boat. I would also appreciate an image file.

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2014, 01:25 AM   #125
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent
Advert
Old 07-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #126
acheide
acheide began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO ereader generation 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy320 View Post
Well I managed to get a sd image from another member here and flashed that to the internal sd card. All is good now...
do you by chance have a copy of that sd image? My ereader has done the same. It simply doesn't show books on the internal memory.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #127
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #128
zaph
zaph began at the beginning.

Could I please get a link to the image file for the n647.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #129
acheide
acheide began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO ereader generation 1
Here it is.

Last edited by acheide; 07-09-2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Member request
Old 07-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #130
zaph
zaph began at the beginning.

[QUOTE=acheide;2867337]Here it is.

Thanks much appreciated. Might get my ereader back now.

Last edited by zaph; 07-07-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #131
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

acheide, zaph: Can you please edit your posts and remove the links. For various reasons, I do not want them published in an open forum. I am happy to send them out as needed and am not that concerned if they are passed around privately. But, they should not be published. Also, I do not guarantee the link will work at any time except shortly after I send it to someone.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:37 AM   #132
traprock
traprock began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wireless, kobo touch
Hi all,

i too have an N647, updated to 1.9.11 and now have a totally empty folder. Would really appreciate an image file. TIA
Old 07-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #133
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM Sent
Old 07-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #134
Shinigami
Shinigami began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Hi all, I have the same issue also with my kobo wifi

updated to 1.9.11 and now the library on the device wiped and I cannot add any books to it either, tried factory reset and it does nothing

Could anyone pm me a copy of the image?

Last edited by Shinigami; 07-10-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #135
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread