Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-16-2021, 07:06 AM   #1
darkerpixie
darkerpixie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Kobo Vox new user

A friend recently bought a 'bricked' Vox, can't get passed the setup screen.

My PC does recognise the internal SD card and theoretically I can get at the operating system but unsure how this helps as I have no working version.

Could I just overwrite with a working image? if I managed to get one or is there an easier way?

Thanks for any input.
darkerpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:19 AM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Hopefully one of the hardcore Kobo users who collect disk images will see your post soon. The Kobo Vox is ten years old. That takes us way back. I only used the Kobo iOS app on my iPad at that time.

I found some links for you in the meantime:
http://download.kobobooks.com/learnm...user_guide.pdf

I found this chat (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=2539812), but the disk image links are dead. It's an old thread.

However, this other thread is from 2011 when the Vox was new. Perhaps some of these tips will help you reset your device: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=162118
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:20 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I can't help. I don't have one of the Kobo tablets and haven't collected any images. There is discussion of the problem in the Kobo Tablets subforum, but, beyond registering that it is there, I haven't paid much attention.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote