Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-21-2021, 11:39 PM   #1
blkmage024
blkmage024 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Bricked kobo vox

We bought it at a yard sale, worked fine, we factory reset it in the options, now at first we couldn't sign in at the setup, i tried all the updates i could find online and nothing really seems to work. Anyone have a image i can use that i could just download onto the memory card?
blkmage024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:11 AM   #2
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
You should post this in the Tablets subforum. I've asked the moderators to move this thread there
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 03:16 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I think you are out of luck. At the beginning of 2018, Kobo dropped support for the older e-ink device and the tablets. This included had to removing support for older security protocols from their servers as these are no longer considered to be secure. For the tablets this means that they will not be able to connect to the servers during the setup as the tablets are using the older protocols. There has been discussion of this in the Kobo Tablets section of the forum. I do not believe there are any workarounds.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:55 PM   #4
alopan
alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkmage024 View Post
Anyone have a image i can use that i could just download onto the memory card?
It's very unlikely because somebody's image contains private information (Kobo account, e-mail, etc). Clean image can't help you too: the original Kobo Setup Wizard will try to register/login to the Kobo account on Kobo's website (this feature discontinued by Kobo as you know). So, if you OK to spend some time (I don't know your technical skills), you can try this solution. The patched Kobo Setup Wizard is here. Or just buy something new instead.
alopan is offline   Reply With Quote