Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
2.3.3 Us Dx 2.5 bin. I have it!

I do, really!

This is from software version 2.3.3-> 2.5.

My newly changed registration date was April 14th.

http://www.mediafire.com/?avdrz5jl55m

http://jump.fm/YWHWS

http://rapidshare.com/files/38700238...00057.bin.html

Last edited by Anarel; 05-13-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
bzImage
Enthusiast
bzImage doesn't litterbzImage doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
I do, really!

Where should I upload it?

This is from software version 2.3.3-> 2.5.

My newly changed registration date was April 14th.

Upload it any of this services: mediafire.com, 2shared.com, uploadfile.org, rapidshare.com, sendspace.com, yousendit.com (and several more).

And post the link.

Last edited by bzImage; 05-13-2010 at 05:48 PM.
bzImage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
I put it up on Hotfile too:
http://hotfile.com/dl/42762475/8d824...00057.bin.html

(If Amazon would either release this like a normal download for those who want it, or alternately, simply not crow about it publicly before it's in full release, then we wouldn't have to go to all this trouble, would we? )
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkledorf View Post
I put it up on Hotfile too:
http://hotfile.com/dl/42762475/8d824...00057.bin.html

(If Amazon would either release this like a normal download for those who want it, or alternately, simply not crow about it publicly before it's in full release, then we wouldn't have to go to all this trouble, would we? )

I know, right?

*is adding +20 samples to my new samples folder.*

Strange thing is, I saw *items downloaded* on my kindle, but it didn't automatically begin updating.... I had time to scream down my house, do a dance, and then hook up the Kindle to my comp to save the file.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
I've just tried it. It doesn't seem to work for me. The 'Update Kindle' option remains greyed out.

I thought it could be because the file downloads with an html extenstion. But removing it still didn't do the trick.
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikspeare View Post
I've just tried it. It doesn't seem to work for me. The 'Update Kindle' option remains greyed out.

I thought it could be because the file downloads with an html extenstion. But removing it still didn't do the trick.
eh? You have a Kindle DX, US version 2.3.3?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yes, its 2.3 (399380047) Dx (Us version).
Old 05-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #8
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikspeare View Post
Yes, its 2.3 (399380047) Dx (Us version).
Oh, You have to have software version 2.3.3, not just 2.3.... there was a link around here somewhere to get 2.3.3...
Old 05-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
markmcak
markmcak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle dx
And not 2.3.4.
markmcak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #10
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcak View Post
And not 2.3.4.
>_< sorry...
Old 05-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #11
Sheikspeare
Groupie

aaarghh.... anyone got the 2.3 > 2.3.3 link in order to then get the 2.5 update?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
gothica
gothica began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle dx wireless
i have version Kindle 2.3.3 (431100003) and can't update with this bin to 2.5 because Updaate Your Kindle link in the menu is GREY...
gothica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #13
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothica View Post
i have version Kindle 2.3.3 (431100003) and can't update with this bin to 2.5 because Updaate Your Kindle link in the menu is GREY...
O_O I don't get it. You have the US KDX? Not the Global DX?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #14
gothica
gothica began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle dx wireless
how can i check if my kindle US or GLOBAL (International)?
gothica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #15
Anarel
Evangelist

Uhh, the serial number... I forget how it goes, let me seee...