Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 01:52 AM   #1
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I love my newspaper

I love my newspaper (LA Times) which is available as a subscription on the sony ebook store site.

Question. Are ebook newspapers any good? Looking for people with opinions who went down that path with any particular subscription to an E-newspaper purchased on the sony site.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
alexbush
alexbush began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
Using the built in functions of Calibre I download the Guardian (UK) when I leave home too early for the newsagent. Totally free and pretty good - all 3 sections of the paper with a good content and navigation system. Some recipes (as Calibre calls them) for US papers as well but don't know about subscriptions
alexbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I love my newspaper (LA Times) which is available as a subscription on the sony ebook store site.

Question. Are ebook newspapers any good? Looking for people with opinions who went down that path with any particular subscription to an E-newspaper purchased on the sony site.
You can test newspapers from Sony's eBook store 2 weeks for free.
Given touchscreen navigation and more pictures, I prefer Sony's newspapers over Kindle's. But still far from perfect, in my opinion.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
I like the LA Times on my Sony Reader 505 a lot actually. I'm in LA also and am glad to see it offered. You can buy a single issues and test it.

Also check Pressdisplay.com as they now allow all their papers (almost) to be exported to Sony Readers and I love that too. Including LA Times.
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a happy_terd production