Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
pdf zooming button disabled.

Hi! Well I'm still using the factory pdf viewer, because... uh well because I didn't yet replace it. With 2.12 it doesn't seem to miss any feature to ipdf beside full-screen.

However on some documents i download onto the iliad the zoom-in button is disabled, on others it isn't, and I really can't make any sense of that when it is and when it isn't. Any ideas?
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:55 AM   #2
zhcbbs
zhcbbs began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
you can install adobe acrobat
and print your pdf document via pdf printer
but ,you must set pagesize to A4

copy the new pdf to iliad ,you can zoom it
zhcbbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2008, 03:58 AM   #3
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

I really don't understand this.

Yesterday I prepared a sloppy scanned pdf download from class for the Iliad. I cropped it nicely to single side pages with the scripts.. but since it was sloppy scanned, the single pages had to be quite big, so all pages fit inside the rectangle. No problem, you can zoom it in, not?

Today in train when I wanted to prepare my self for class, the FUCKING ZOOMING BUTTON is again disabled. Almost impossible to read that crap. I'm right now so furios at the iLiad and iRex. Really I want to be an enthusiast, but why the hell is this fucking zooming button disabled!

Its not that device technically couldn't zoom, it resizes the pages when you turn the page, or turn on/off full screen. Yes I reinstalled the iRex iPDF to be sure its not because I used non standard software.

This is just yet another important one of those many smalll issues, why if right now a friend would ask me if he should by one himself, I'd say no

*SIGH*
Old 05-07-2008, 04:58 AM   #4
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Ow! That's a bit strong before I've even had a cup of coffee.
Any chance you could post one page to look at? There might be something about the PDF that is triggering this. Alternatively, if you have it installed the output of
Code:
pdfinfo -box
or perhaps imagemagick's identify command might be helpful.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:52 AM   #5
axel77
Fanatic

Wow, I feel not alone anymore

Thats the file the script put out:
http://www.pri.univie.ac.at/~axel/ca...l-analysis.pdf

However pdf good or not, I don't realize why while technically the device can zooming it disables me the zooming button
Advert
Old 05-07-2008, 06:05 AM   #6
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
OK, this could be the problem. The page size is very small:
Code:
dave@snow107 ~/Desktop> pdfinfo -box carnap-logical-analysis.pdf
Producer:       GPL Ghostscript SVN PRE-RELEASE 8.61
CreationDate:   Mon May  5 21:30:26 2008
ModDate:        Mon May  5 21:30:26 2008
Tagged:         no
Pages:          20
Encrypted:      no
Page size:      23 x 35 pts
MediaBox:           0.00     0.00    23.00    35.00
CropBox:            0.00     0.00    23.00    35.00
BleedBox:           0.00     0.00    23.00    35.00
TrimBox:            0.00     0.00    23.00    35.00
ArtBox:             0.00     0.00    23.00    35.00
File size:      806351 bytes
Optimized:      no
PDF version:    1.4
That's just 8.1 x 12.3 mm! I guess the iliad is automatically zooming as much as it can (which I think is set to a maximum of 300%). When I opened your file in acrobat and told it to display at page width size it had to zoom to 4033% (yes, over four thousand percent).

Can you reproduce your PDF so that each page is larger, e.g. about 10 times larger?
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:22 AM   #7
axel77
Fanatic

Okay I realize the problem, also why some other pdfs with smaller pages were not zoomable. Nevertheless in acroread it was nicely viewable and printable...

Now I'd instead wish for the 300% limitation removed, it's not senseful in any way, I want to be able to zoom in, until I see a single letter only, if I want to. To limit zooming chaos when you just hit a point, limit it to zoom in say 300% in one step... but one should be able to rezoom then...

Last edited by axel77; 05-07-2008 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
Okay I realize the problem, also why some other pdfs with smaller pages were not zoomable. Nevertheless in acroread it was nicely viewable and printable...

Now I'd instead wish for the 300% limitation removed, it's not senseful in any way, I want to be able to zoom in, until I see a single letter only, if I want to. To limit zooming chaos when you just hit a point, limit it to zoom in say 300% in one step... but one should be able to rezoom then...
agree fullscreen means fullscreen.. so even if it should zoom in 1000% who cares..
we've got the manual zoom box to set the scale manualy so limit it there if they have to set a limit.

BTW.. Axel, if you say fullscreen disabled. do you mean the icon is 'greyed' out or doesn't become black? I find the interface confusing in the way that you can press the icon but never get the feedback if you are in fullscreen mode or not.
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #9
axel77
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvoosten View Post
agree fullscreen means fullscreen.. so even if it should zoom in 1000% who cares..
we've got the manual zoom box to set the scale manualy so limit it there if they have to set a limit.

BTW.. Axel, if you say fullscreen disabled. do you mean the icon is 'greyed' out or doesn't become black? I find the interface confusing in the way that you can press the icon but never get the feedback if you are in fullscreen mode or not.
I was talking about the zoom in functionallity. The fullscreen thing works well, and is activated/deactivated by holding down the up arrow, when you have replaced the default iPdf.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #10
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
I was talking about the zoom in functionallity. The fullscreen thing works well, and is activated/deactivated by holding down the up arrow, when you have replaced the default iPdf.

Sorry I did mean the zoomin/fit to page icon as well.. fullscreen for me works fine as well.
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote