Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #106
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
This is what I do, and it looks perfect on my kindle, chapter breaks, TOC & all. Just remember to convert again every time you update a chapter!
I highly recommend the Reading List plugin for sending books to kindle. Using Reading List, calibre automatically converts to mobi and sends the files to my kindle when I plug it in.

The FFDL plugin is even integrated with Reading List.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #107
85eren
85eren began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Thank you for all your help. Getting the file in epub and converting to mobi worked great.
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #108
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
Is it possible to grab an image (if the site has images for their fanfictions) and apply it automatically to the cover? And if there is no cover, an option to have Calibre generate a cover?

I can survive by copy-pasting the images, but if fanfic images get popular on other sites, it would be a nice feature to have .
Old 02-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #109
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@jackr - I'd like someday to d/l and include images, but it doesn't now. Which site(s) are you talking about having cover images?

Have you looked at the Generate Cover plugin?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #110
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
Namely fimfiction.net. A good portion of the fics there have cover art for them. Ex: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/8933/ and http://www.fimfiction.net/story/2766/.

I have played with Generate Cover a little bit, makes adding the word 'Complete' in the center of every cover for completed fics a snap for Nook browsing.

Your new EpubMerge plugin looks great too; I will need to remind myself to only use it on the device however.
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #111
mhomann
mhomann began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350
I have come across a fanfic that gives me a book with 40 empty chapters in calibre:
http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/barb/replay.html

what do i do about that?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #112
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhomann View Post
I have come across a fanfic that gives me a book with 40 empty chapters in calibre:
http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/barb/replay.html

what do i do about that?
Reporting it here is good. New version with a fix for that is coming shortly.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #113
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Error Message/download fail

Hi Jim - Just tried to download a completed story from ff.net and got this error message:

coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

The url of the story is:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6141793/1/In_Perfect_Light

Any ideas?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #114
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

ffnet changed their format slightly--just enough to break things, really.

Update to the latest version of the plugin and it should be good again.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #115
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They do that often, the buggers. I got the push update a couple of hours ago. Is there another one?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #116
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@cklls - v1.4.5 fixes the problem for me. If it doesn't fix it for you, please let me know and I'll look at it again.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #117
ClairePMR
Groupie

Just installed that version and tried again. (I had 1.4.4 this morning.) No go - same error.

EDIT: Never mind... I forgot to restart Caliber again. With restart, it works. Thanks!!!

Last edited by ClairePMR; 02-22-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #118
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Oh good--you had me worried for a moment.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #119
ClairePMR
Groupie

Don't worry, be happy! It's all good.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #120
paegan
paegan began at the beginning.

Device: Various Android Devices
Thumbs up

Ok first off kudos to you on such a KICK @$$ plugin! The only other plugin I've found almost as useful is the aforementioned Cover Generator (it's fun to download fonts matching the series to make a halfway decent lookin book cover)

I was a little confused for a bit because, while looking up references to your plugin, I hit upon this site : http://www.fanfictiondownloader.net/ and thought you had made this program and couldn't understand why the calibre plugin didn't have as much features.

I realise now that's not the case but I don't know if you want to get into contact with that author to see if he/they are willing to share info on how they do things. For now I only use it to grab fics from sites you don't support (mostly pervy/adult oriented fic sites) but it leaves a lot to be desired in regards to metadata crawling and toc generation. Yours is FAR superior in those areas and also includes the story update function which is a godsend.

My only possible suggestion would be to add support for more sites even without full functionality i.e. toc or metadata. I personally would not mind basic support for the oddball site at least just to grab a fic in its entirety without having to depend on an autopager or worse CTRL+C/V.

Keep up the good work and hope to see lots more in the future...
Closed Thread