Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
korno
korno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo syncing issue - library books

hi,

i've just joined this forum and am hoping someone can help me out - i've browsed through some similar threads and can't find an answer to my question, sorry if its been asked already.

i have a fairly new kobo (v1.8) and have been successfully downloading library books and putting them on my kobo using adobe digital editions.

the last few books haven't been syncing - they show up in adobe, and i'm able to move them to the kobo from within ADE. also, they appear when i access the kobo hard drive directly.

after playing around with a few books, i finally saw one appear in my kobo, but get a 'content locked' message when i try to read it (use your adobe id to authorize ereader with the kobo desktop application). the other is still missing.

every time i open ADE, i get the following error message about a library book i've returned.
IO Error on local file open

Path:
/Volumes/KOBOeReader/.Trashes/501/How_to_Build_a_Fire_0001.epub

Event Detail:
Error #2038

any suggestions? my kobo and i are just getting to know each other, and i really want this relationship to work!
korno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
I haven't really used ADE, but one question that I can ask is:
Is the time correctly set on your desktop and kobo?
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Hmm maybe try:

1. running it as administrator, (right click ADE and chose run as administrator) the problem may be that it won't let ADE access the internet running as administrator will solve that or eliminate that as a problem

2.make sure the time on your kobo matches the time on your computer, you do this by going to settings/general/set date and time. That will sometimes effect the library books(in the future you can also set back the date to read the library book longer but remember to set it right before you plug it into your computer)

3.Your Kobo might not be authorized to ADE if you haven't done this before you open ADE with your Kobo plugged in and then click "library" "authorize computer"

Try all of the above. If it doesn't work you Can message me and I'll get back to you
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
KjellM
Connoisseur
KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Versions 1.8 & 1.8.1 of the Kobo firmware have a known bug with ADE, the simple fix is to upgrade the firmware. The current version is 1.8.3. I did the upgrade to 1.8.2 and this worked fine with ADE.

The other way to fix this is to deauthorize the Kobo with ADE then reauthorize it, but this then possibly runs into the issue of too many ADE authorizations.
KjellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
korno
korno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks Terminator and CutterJohn - I've reset the dates and times, and everything I've downloaded since then has synced. I'll try the date-change trick next time I need a few extra days to finish a novel!

I wasn't able to get the "Run as Administrator" option from my mac when right clicking or launching ADE from Finder. I'll have to look into that, it sounds like a handy option, as I find the lack of options from within ADE frustrating!

KjellM, I'll give the update a try too, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks again for your notes.
korno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert