Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-25-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Might order a second Kindle Paperwhite

My current paper white I have had for approximatly a year and a half and its acting a bit hard to turn on, it takes an unually long time for the kindle to come on once I hit the power switch. So I might order a second one to insure that I have no break in service in case anything happends to my paper white. However if Amazon is going to introduce a third model shortly I would rather sit out he second model in favor of the new model. I understand the facat that nothing official has been announced yet. My paper white is not dead at the moment just having hard time turning on and off. What's your opinion?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
My current paper white I have had for approximatly a year and a half and its acting a bit hard to turn on, it takes an unually long time for the kindle to come on once I hit the power switch. So I might order a second one to insure that I have no break in service in case anything happends to my paper white. However if Amazon is going to introduce a third model shortly I would rather sit out he second model in favor of the new model. I understand the facat that nothing official has been announced yet. My paper white is not dead at the moment just having hard time turning on and off. What's your opinion?
Contact Kindle customer service and talk to them about your problems. They might be able to offer something, perhaps even a replacement. (It might be out of warranty, but an on/off switch shouldn't fail in 18 months!)

Hmmm... how many books do you have on your Kindle?

I don't expect to see a new Kindle before September, and I wouldn't be surprised if a new one didn't turn up until November.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #3
kristalana
Groupie
kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Galaxy Tab Pro
Can you get a sleep/wake cover so you don't have to use your power switch? Then you can just wait until whenever the new one comes out.
kristalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Have you tried a reset?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The way I had the cover figured is that it leans on the on/off switch and the cover hits the on/off switch.
Advert
Old 04-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
No its a magnet in the cover that activates the automatic sleep function.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #7
jbcohen
Wizard

Ah ha, I have upgraded the firmwear to the latedt version. let me try this one first, then I will try the reset. Then the sleep cover.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #8
jbcohen
Wizard

The issue appears to have been solved by the upgrades. I will wait and see what the new third model looks like.