Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-15-2012, 04:07 AM   #586
Cayo
Enthusiast
Cayo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cayo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cayo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cayo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
You did not specify which Android device you are having that problem with. I have no such problem on any of my Android devices.
Sorry, I didn't know the device would matter. Motorola Atrix running stock. The older version that had been installed (older by a few versions) had access to the external sdcard from within Cool Reader. I updated Cool Reader, and then it could no longer access the external card. Only the internal. I cleared the data, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled from scratch - and the same problem occurred.

So, I went to another Atrix that was running v3.0.54-38. I copied the installer onto the first phone, and after installing it - I could once again access the external sd card from Cool Reader.

So the problem definitely occurred somewhere between 3.0.54-38 and the current version.
Cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:30 AM   #587
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayo View Post
Sorry, I didn't know the device would matter. Motorola Atrix running stock. The older version that had been installed (older by a few versions) had access to the external sdcard from within Cool Reader. I updated Cool Reader, and then it could no longer access the external card. Only the internal. I cleared the data, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled from scratch - and the same problem occurred.

So, I went to another Atrix that was running v3.0.54-38. I copied the installer onto the first phone, and after installing it - I could once again access the external sd card from Cool Reader.

So the problem definitely occurred somewhere between 3.0.54-38 and the current version.
I had similar problem a few versions ago but the latest version 3.0.56-38,
fixed it for me looking at the commit log some more mount problems have been
fixed so you might get a fix in the next release.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #588
Cayo
Enthusiast
Cayo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cayo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cayo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cayo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I had similar problem a few versions ago but the latest version 3.0.56-38,
fixed it for me looking at the commit log some more mount problems have been
fixed so you might get a fix in the next release.
Well, I encountered this problem yesterday morning, so I think that would have been 3.0.56-38.
Cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #589
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
I confirm that Cool Reader has trouble with certain paragraph margins (ePub).

Last edited by bookp; 04-17-2012 at 06:42 AM.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #590
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookp View Post
I confirm that Cool Reader has trouble with certain paragraph margins (ePub).

It would probably help if you also posted the EPUB source text so that it would be possible to tell what markup was causing those extra margin spaces.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #591
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
I think the bug may be related to css margins with 4 values. The values in the bugged example (attached file) are "margin : 50px 0px 0px 0px;"

If a margin has 4 values, then the first one should be the value for the top margin. However, Cool Reader seems to apply the first value to all directions.
Attached Files
File Type: epub bug.epub (2.4 KB, 239 views)

Last edited by bookp; 04-17-2012 at 01:16 PM.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #592
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Speaking of margins, I'm still wondering if anybody has figured out a way to get the first thing that appears after a page break to show a proper top-margin.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #593
StretchyBill
StretchyBill began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Question Cannot open ePubs from one publisher

Hi-

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S II. I have a bunch of ePub files, none with DRM, mainly from three different publishers. All the ones from O'Reilly and PragProg open just fine. All the ones from Manning Publishing do not.

When I try to open one of these, the progress bar gets about 2/3rds of the way through, then Cool Reader crashes and the home screen is shown.

Is there anything I can do to improve the changes of being able to launch one of these ePubs? Are there any logs written that might have a clue? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

-Bill
StretchyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #594
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookp View Post
I think the bug may be related to css margins with 4 values. The values in the bugged example (attached file) are "margin : 50px 0px 0px 0px;"

If a margin has 4 values, then the first one should be the value for the top margin. However, Cool Reader seems to apply the first value to all directions.
I think buggins the coolreader developer and others that work on it might not be commenting in this thread much but are surely reading it as over the last few days any bugs and errors reported are getting patched.
Looking at the commit log summary http://crengine.git.sourceforge.net/...gine;a=summary
I think your css margins problem might get a fix in the next release
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #595
Jake Chambers
Jake Chambers began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone, PC
I have been using the app for some time now on my SE Xperia x10 mini pro and have been very satisfied with it... but then last night (and I'm on vacation, so no internet on the phone) it stopped working... whenever I want to open the book I'm currently reading (the only one in there, actually), it just closes... to I downloaded the Cool_Reader_v3.0.56-38 on my notebook and installed it on the phone and everything works, except that it crashes whenever I try to scan my SD card... why is that? Any ideas?
Jake Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #596
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Does anybody know how to get CoolReader's hyphenation to treat words separated by an emdash—like this—as different words and hyphenate them properly? Is it possible to alter the hyphenation dictionary or to use a different one that won't treat them as one big word?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #597
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Chambers View Post
I downloaded the Cool_Reader_v3.0.56-38 on my notebook and installed it on the phone and everything works, except that it crashes whenever I try to scan my SD card... why is that? Any ideas?
v3.0.56-42 has problems as well It won't allow access to the external sd card. Since I keep my books there I can't open any books.
I dropped back to v3.0.55-50 and all is well.

I am running on a 9.7" Coby with ICS 4.0.3. Allwinner A10 processor.

However, v3.0.56-42 runs OK on my Archos 80 G9 with ICS 4.0.3. OMAP4 processor.

There has been one problem for a while across all my tablets. I can't enter other than whole percentages in the "go to" function. 34.4 fails 34 works.

Regards - John

P.S. Any idea when we will get the mirrored margins?

Last edited by Jabby; 04-20-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:41 AM   #598
sun4384
sun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheese

I'm testing cr3-qt-win32-3.0.56-42, and found that when using external css for epub, the very next css rule after a comment does not work. For example, let's say we have:

/*comment here*/
p {text-indent:1.5em; text-align:justify;}

Then the rule for paragraphs doesn't get recognized and work.

By the way, is there any way to override cool reader's page margin using external css? I hope to be able to show cover pagers in full screen without page margin, but @page rule doesn't seem to work yet.
sun4384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #599
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Trouble with search function.

Anyone that can tell me how this supposed to work. Today I remember reading some phrase back towards the beginning of my book with the word "vanilla" so I go to menu/more/search and enter "vanilla" but it doesn't change page highlight anything etc. so I go to beginning of book and try from there still nothing not even the page which I last read with vanilla.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #600
sun4384
sun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheesesun4384 can extract oil from cheese

When there are <br/> tags in a paragraph (surrounded by <p> and </p> tags), the lines following the <br/> tags are always preceded by some white space (about 1/3 ~1/2 of a space), resulting those lines misaligned with the very first line in the paragraph.

This was tested with cr3-qt-win32-3.0.56-42 version.
sun4384 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader