Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
Niamb
Niamb began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
PE can't see mobile hotspot

So I turned my phone into a mobile hotspot so I can have internet access on our devices even when I am away from wifi. I am a volunteer tutor after school at a local church, which does not have wifi. Many of the assignments the students have either require access to the internet or would be much easier to accomplish with internet access.

I turn on the mobile hotspot feature on my phone, but the pocket edge does not see it. I also tried bluetooth, but the bluetooth feature on my PE is borked. If I turn it on, before it can connect the bluetooth turns itself off.

I can use the mobile hotspot with my laptop and my husband's tablet, but the PE does not "see" my mobile hotspot. It would be so nice to have another device that can connect to the internet. We have more students who need to access the internet to be able to do their school work and having the PE available as well would help a great deal. Is there anyway to get the PE to connect to the internet via wifi provided through a mobile hotspot? Or, is there some simple solution to get the bluetooth feature to actually stay on so I can connect via bluetooth? We could really use another tablet during these tutoring sessions.
Niamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Make sure your phone's name doesn't contain apostrophes. Apostrophes may render the network unreadable. I don't own a cellphone, however, others have successfully tethered their eDGe with phones that are a capable of being a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot. Check out these threads for some useful help:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=tethering

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=tethering

Last edited by obsessed2; 01-12-2012 at 08:36 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
You may want to check out this post as well.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=149529
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...
Yivi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe - iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamb View Post
So I turned my phone into a mobile hotspot so I can have internet access on our devices even when I am away from wifi.
What kind of phone do you have ?
The hotspot on my iphone works fine with the PE.
Yivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
If it creates an adhoc network then you may want to look at this thread since natively android does not list the adhoc networks in the network list.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert