Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
radon
radon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook/iPad
Calibre content server and Stanza

I have been experimenting with the calibre content server recently. It seems to work fine for me in most respects. I can view the library in a browser and download ebook files. I can even run the server at startup (on a Windows Home Server) by adding the content-server executable to a scheduled task, which works well.

However, I have some issues accessing the books from my iPad using Stanza. Stanza automatically discovers the server and opening it prompts for user credentials, which it accepts. I then get a list of catagories, including By Newest, By Title, By Authors, etc. Selecting "By Newest" provides a list of books and I can download them as expected. Opening "By Title" shows the message "Catalog is Empty". Opening "By Authors" shows a list of all the authors in the library, but selecting an author gives the same "catalog is empty" message.

Is this expected behavior? Has anyone else experienced this? Is their an obvious configuration option somewhere that I am missing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Calibre: 0.7.19
Stanza: 3.0.3
iPad: 3.2.2
radon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
this is a bug in the by title and by authors feeds in 0.7.19 will be fixed in the next release
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
radon

Thanks for the quick response! Just a little further info. There are six catagories listed by Stanza:

By Newest
By Title
By Authors
By Publishers
By Ratings
By Tags

All of these categories show the same behavior, ie. they display correct subcategories (for example By Publishers displays a list of all publishers) but selecting that subcategory brings up the Catalog is Empty message. Is this behavior part of the bug you mentioned as well?

BTW: Thanks for all the work you've done on this project. It's an amazing software package!
Old 09-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does by newest work?
Old 09-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
radon

Yes. By Newest works fine. That displays a list of the books (not sure if it's all books or just recent additions, I don't have many files imported right now) and allows you to download them.
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

then it's the same problem.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
radon

Ok. Looking forward to the next release!