Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 02:55 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
restore previous search box entry on restart

when calibre exists,a s opposed to going to system tray, & restarts, it "forgets" what the last used stored serach was.

e.g. I have an i for in-progress entry in a custom column & like to open on that list. which works fine if I am using the minimise to tray option.

is there a design reason why that setting is not saved & restored on normal exit/restart
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
when calibre exists,a s opposed to going to system tray, & restarts, it "forgets" what the last used stored serach was.
It doesn't "forget" it is in the drop down search history. If you want to open calibre to a given search you can save the search and then have calibre open to a restricted view via Preferences - behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
is there a design reason why that setting is not saved & restored on normal exit/restart
Is there a reason you just don't ask for this to be a feature?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 04:07 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
(1)It doesn't "forget" it is in the drop down search history. If you want to open calibre to a given search you can save the search and then have calibre open to a restricted view via Preferences - behavior.

(2)Is there a reason you just don't ask for this to be a feature?
1.OK - thanks I knew the 1st bit, the open to restricted view option would have eluded me forever

2.... because it already exists, as you just explained ??
& because I thought there might already be a solution, just well hidden within preferences
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote