Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
truewt
truewt began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
Adding books by titles rather than authors on calibre?

Hi everyone, as above, I am curious to know if it is possible to add ebooks onto calibre's library by the title of the books rather than by the author names? I don't remember books by their authors..
truewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm afraid I don't understand the question - can you elaborate?

You can search for books by title - just type the title (or words from it) into the search box above the library list.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by truewt View Post
Hi everyone, as above, I am curious to know if it is possible to add ebooks onto calibre's library by the title of the books rather than by the author names? I don't remember books by their authors..
You must not have books with the same titles but different Authors

(There are 2 like that on this screen shot)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2titles2authors.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	73692  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
truewt
truewt began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
my question was the file storage on my pc when i import books onto calibre library, I get them into folders sorted by authors instead of by book title..

But I think there's no settings for that, checked the FAQ and there was an explanation for that!
truewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
my question was the file storage on my pc when i import books onto calibre library, I get them into folders sorted by authors instead of by book title..

But I think there's no settings for that, checked the FAQ and there was an explanation for that!
Remember; as it's been stated many times, the file-structure as used by Calibre for storing books should be viewed as a black-box, reserved SOLELY for and managed SOLELY by Calibre.

Take a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

99.999% of the time, you never need to go there.
Calibre has buttons to put your book onto your device (portable storage)
for the 0.001% exception, there is the "o" (open folder) key or the "open with" plugin.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool don't worry about the internal workings

Quote:

why do you care, there should be no (or very little) reason for you to to ever have to look at the database structure. look at the on-screen user interface. sort it the way you want it and quit worrying about the way the database stores the info presented to you in the user interface.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote