Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
w1k0
Banned
w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite 2
MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Tests

According to the information posted by DaleDe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Alex is currently looking at modifying a different base software to add MobileRead specific features. The current software is heavily modified but the source base is going in a different direction which will necessitate a change.
I am asking you to put a new section into our forum:

MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Tests

I tried to find here some documentation concerning the work of the forum’s engine but it seems unavailable. I am refraining myself from testing the work of the engine using any existing section because I do not want to litter it. I always can ask the question to some moderator but I think it is annoying to reply the similar questions asked by different users continuously.

So “Tests” forum’s section is a solution. The threads posted in such a section could be deleted automatically after 48 hours. It seems that this is enough for someone to perform his or her tests in a particular thread.
w1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
You could just create your own thread in the Lounge and test whatever you want to test or just add to another thread of a similar vein.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
w1k0
Banned
w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It seems to me that our “Lounge” is littered enough without such trash threads. According to the dictionary: “In a house, a lounge is a room where people sit and relax”. It is not nice to sit and relax in the garbage can or on the rubbish tip.

“Testing123 - test posting abilities” should be enough for testing most engine’s features though not all of them. Thank you for that tip!

Last edited by w1k0; 12-21-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Testing123
Old 12-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
w1k0
Banned

Off-topic

I tried to give 1000 points of karma to Wetdogeared and I saw this:

Quote:
Don't be such a penny-pincher ;=)

You must give (or take) at least two reputation points.
The same message appears when I try to give him 1001, 999, 2, 2000, or 5000 points (though this last value is out of my current range).

What is wrong? Work in progress made by Alex?

In a hurry I reversed the comment and the reputation points. I am sorry for the mess.

Last edited by w1k0; 12-21-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I would like to understand what you hope to achieve by this "testing". To my eyes, it is identical to SPAMMING these forums.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1k0 View Post
It seems to me that our “Lounge” is littered enough without such trash threads. According to the dictionary: “In a house, a lounge is a room where people sit and relax”. It is not nice to sit and relax in the garbage can or on the rubbish tip.

And so you litter the Lounge with your testing spams .... Your point being?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
w1k0
Banned

I followed Wetdogeared’s hint from the #2 post above. Either I was misinformed or I misinterpreted that tip. According to my current knowledge MobileRead do not tolerate testing posts.

I can explain my point in each case. In fact I already explained it to some people. To post that here seems to me purposeless.