Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
epub/Stanza - Night Theme - No White Fonts

Using Stanza on my iPad....
Can someone tell me IN GENERAL why some epub books don't display my Night Theme setup with white fonts while some do. Some work great.. I can set the font to various colors while some epub's display only in black no matter how the Stanza Theme is set. Can this be corrected in some way?
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Probably those epubs define the color of the fonts in their stylesheet.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Probably those epubs define the color of the fonts in their stylesheet.
hummm.. I always thought the Stanza Theme over-rode but perhaps not. I'll chess the stylesheets. Thanks for responding. I appreciate it.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
1611mac
eWanderer

You are correct. I removed the color attribute in the stylesheet and Stanza Themes work fine now. Thanks!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No problem. In fact, I hope Stanza overrides the stylesheets very little... They are there for a reason.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
No problem. In fact, I hope Stanza overrides the stylesheets very little... They are there for a reason.
Yes, probably because MS-Word exported them...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard

I agree that text color is usually a rather senseless option to have in your stylesheet, but most settings I find quite useful. I would not like my reader to overrule them.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Word is an awful program.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:46 AM   #9
Toxaris
Wizard

Again, I was not talking about Word at all. I just think it is annoying Stanza apparently overrides stylesheet entries. That has nothing to do with Word at all.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #10
karbonkel
karbonkel began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3gs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
You are correct. I removed the color attribute in the stylesheet and Stanza Themes work fine now. Thanks!
How did you do that?
Really like to know!
(tried cssedit, no luck)
Can't get used to other apps than Stanza and like the night theme.
Thanks
Dirk
karbonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
you can use any text editor (I prefer Sigil because you can immediately see how changing the css effects the look of the book) and open the .css. Then look to see if there is a "general" color declaration like:
p {color:black}
color:#000000
color:rgb(255,255,255)

and delete them.

Just be sure that you are deleting the one that is being applied to the whole document and NOT ones that are formatting specific sections of text (eg. a {color:blue; text-decoration:underlined})

I hope that helps!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #12
karbonkel

Thanks for your reply.

Tried Sigil, crashed at startup.
Download from another location, the same crash.
Tried Wondershare MePub, couldn't find a way to load .epub, same as cssedit.
Tried calibre, worked but got lost in the program, couldn't find a .css file.
Then googled for Sigil and there seems to be a bug in 0.6.2 (for mac osx 10.7), fortunately pdurrant compiled a version
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...71&postcount=8
It works!

And yes I could change the color, had to use search and replace on this particular book so it replaced 41 times the "color: #000;" to " " and now I can use stanza and it's Night Theme.

Thank you very much!!!
Dirk

Ps why isn't there an app with the same features as Stanza?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
1611mac
eWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbonkel View Post
-snip-

Ps why isn't there an app with the same features as Stanza?
What features are you interested in? Check out Bluefire and Marvin. There's a new release of Marvin on the way with new features.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #14
karbonkel

Bluefire is really slow compared to Stanza.
Layout in Stanza is much nicer for me.
The fonts are more and also more bold.
I used Bluefire lately because of the Night Theme thing but am glad i can use Stanza again.
Marvin is only for iPad....
Old 01-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Stanza is on the way out. It crashes with iOS 6. Give it up and find something else.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote