Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
sitrucz
Connoisseur
sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Apple iPad Mini
KPW Install .bin Not Recognized

I have usbnetworking installed and configured over ssh/wifi. I wanted to install the latest patch for jbpatch and copied it over using scp.

Code:
scp update_jbpatch_3.2.1_fw531_install.bin root@kindle.local:/mnt/us/

Welcome to Kindle!

update_jbpatch_3.2.1_fw531_install.bin        100% 1247KB   1.2MB/s   00:01
I verify it’s there for installation.

Code:
ls -lh /mnt/us/*.bin
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        1.2M Feb  3 06:59 /mnt/us/update_jbpatch_3.2.1_fw531_install.bin
On my kpw when I choose Menu | Settings and then pull down the menu again the option Update Your Kindle is grayed out.

How can I tell my kpw to refresh and look for the file?
sitrucz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitrucz View Post
How can I tell my kpw to refresh and look for the file?
Kindle_Touch_Hacking#Forcing_update_installation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
When updates are copied to the device in some other way (for example putting the file to /mnt/us in USB network mode), the Kindle will normally not recognize that there is an update, and the "Update Your Kindle" menu entry remains grayed out. However, you can still force the installation from the command-line:
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.ota startUpdate 1
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Oops.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Or you can use a button:
Spoiler:

Middle option. 'Begin grayed installer'.

Available here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...78#post2389078 in Helper package

(When you get really sick of typing that like I did.)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote