Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #31
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I wonder if MLK was named after the street.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:08 PM   #32
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I just think it is cool that Abe Lincoln and George Washington were born on Presidents Day.
They weren't. George Washington was born on 22 February and 11 February (they changed the calendar during his life so he adjusted his date of birth appropriately) (Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington), while Abraham Lincoln was born on 12 February (Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln). Presidents Day varies from year to year, but is on the 3d Monday in February (Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preside...ited_States%29).
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #33
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Ooh, I was born on a holiday (Veteran's Day)... does that mean I'm meant to be famous? Can I charge for autographs like Pete Rose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
And I was born on Queen's day, which means I'm either royalty or a drag.

Or both?
All Saints Day! Now where did I put my halo?

(I have had friends tell me that living in barn under (re)construction for 7+ years and nowhere near done qualifies me for sainthood.)
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote