Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #76
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
That's what I did too. I organize my library (authors, series and converted some of them to ePubs) while I waited for my PPro. Now, my library is much more organized.
I think I've spent more time on my computer the past few days than I did the entire time I had my Pocket Pro, working on getting my books organized, and downloading more things to read. *l* By the time I get it, I should have enough to keep me busy reading for the next year.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #77
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
I think I've spent more time on my computer the past few days than I did the entire time I had my Pocket Pro, working on getting my books organized, and downloading more things to read. *l* By the time I get it, I should have enough to keep me busy reading for the next year.
Yeah, my husband's like: you won't be able to read all that books. It's an awful lot. So if I got spare time it will all be spent on reading. It's very relaxing and enjoyable esp if you're reading a good book.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #78
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
Yeah, my husband's like: you won't be able to read all that books. It's an awful lot. So if I got spare time it will all be spent on reading. It's very relaxing and enjoyable esp if you're reading a good book.
Yes, I agree! And I got it in the mail yesterday, so it's all charged up and ready to go. My MIL called last night and asked if they could take the kids tonight, so I've got an entire evening of uninterrupted reading in my future, since my husband will be at work. I'm looking forward to it!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:52 AM   #79
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Well, at least a week into my replacement Purple unit (I actually tried to get them to change me to Blue, since I'm sick of the Purple by now... but no dice).

Can't say if the contrast on the screen is any better OR worse (I was keeping track of that discussion and decided not to participate until I had a firm opinion... but apparently still don't!)

I do wonder if they sent my back the same innards in a replacement case. No idea.

The one thing I note is that whatever "casing" job was done on this one, it resulted in the 9 and 0 buttons being a bit... loose (the 0 mostly). They seem to sit a bit lower, they don't protrude as much, and I think that's why they feel loose--not as much of the button is "above" the rim of the cutout. And actually to a lesser extent the 4 and 5.

It's minor though--nothing I'd return it over.

No sign of new paint peeling, then again I wouldn't expect that for months anyway. And the battery seems just fine.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #80
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Mine replace started peeling a day after I got it...
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #81
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Mine replace started peeling a day after I got it...
I'd say that's pretty unusual, since I know with most people it took months to happen the first time.

Although I suppose its possible good support for the stuff Robert said about the paint interacting with the leather cover. If the replacement you got was "old stock", then whatever chemical reaction exists had presumably been happening for a while, and it was just the unit finally being physically touched which resulted in the peeling.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #82
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
I'd say that's pretty unusual, since I know with most people it took months to happen the first time.

Although I suppose its possible good support for the stuff Robert said about the paint interacting with the leather cover. If the replacement you got was "old stock", then whatever chemical reaction exists had presumably been happening for a while, and it was just the unit finally being physically touched which resulted in the peeling.
Perhaps you are right. I am pretty sure it was old stock because the date under the battery is for Aug 09. It is the old cover since it is the off white rather than the gray on the inside that was spoken of earier. I am just having really bad luck with the devices... this going to be my forth return due to peeling paint.... I would have kept this device however there is a line up the screen that I guess is a pixel problem I am trying to be resonable about the returns and not lose my temper but it's running really thin at this point. Either way, I still feel that the device it a good product with a few flaws.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #83
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Alas my paint has begun to bubble up in places, crack in others :-(
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #84
nimblem
Addict

Ugh... that sucks... Goodluck with the replacement
Old 05-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #85
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Maggie:

Yes, we actually do get a Sony or three sent to us for repair hoping we will replace. The reasoning appears to be that they are about equally priced so why not exchange. Of course we cannot do that as we are not an authorized Sony e-tailer.

So Robert if I send you my Wife, I guess you WON'T send me a brand new EZ Reader Pro, have I got that Right ???

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:32 PM   #86
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Notrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
So Robert if I send you my Wife, I guess you WON'T send me a brand new EZ Reader Pro, have I got that Right ???

Dear Kevin:

Wives can be a rare treasure... but I think it best to stay out of this one. Otherwise someone might trade me in next!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:20 AM   #87
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Kevin:

Wives can be a rare treasure... but I think it best to stay out of this one. Otherwise someone might trade me in next!!

OH drat! I was SO looking forward to getting another eReader,

Now where else can I Send her
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #88
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
OH drat! I was SO looking forward to getting another eReader,

Now where else can I Send her
You could send her flowers. That might be a good start.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:36 AM   #89
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
Nov. Replacement wrinkled & starting to peel...

My Pocket Pro from the first batch went back & was replaced in November 2009. Unfortunately, the replacement is now wrinkling very badly and has just started peeling. It was okay for a number of months but sometime within the last few months (I'm not sure exactly when since, ironically enough, it hasn't actually been used much within that time frame) it has deteriorated drastically. I'm left to wonder whether it was the increased time without the case being opened that contributed to the problem or whether higher humidity and warmer temperatures (mid 80s to low 90s on the Fahrenheit scale) might also be a factor.

I'm currently debating whether it's worth going through the RMA process again, especially since I'm in Canada and unless the repair techs mark the customs papers as the device having a value under $20 and/or as a replacement under warranty, I'm going to end up getting dinged for the HST on its return, as well as paying the shipping to the US. If I could be sure that skins would be available soon, I probably wouldn't RMA it but, without that guarantee, I have to admit that its current appearance really isn't going to convince anyone that an Astak device is the one to choose...
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #90
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Well my PP is from the first batch, and until yesterday I hadn't noticed anything with the peeling. But alas I can start to see little bumps around the front and back, which resemble photos people have posted before the peeling stage occurs. You can smooth them out but then they slowly reappear. They are only small but a sign of things to come.

Jenifer, I'm thinking here, to avoid the expense of me shipping it back to the US, and Astak repairing/replacing then shipping back (via expensive tracked shipping) to me the repaired/replaced unit and sending the faulty unit/cover back to the factory, is it at all possible to just have a replacement shell/cover for the PP sent to me and I do the repairs myself? The PP only has 1 more month of warranty remaining, so being all but out of warranty I'm happy to disassemble it myself (ex computer/electronics techie so I'm capable).

Is it possible? It'll save both parties a lot of mucking around and excessive expense.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote