Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-08-2024, 11:16 AM   #1
awakil
awakil began at the beginning.

Device: na
how can find and replace words

User how can find and replace words while i convert file by calibre?
awakil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 11:20 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by awakil View Post
You can't.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2024, 01:40 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
You would need to edit the file either before or after conversion. Conversion is not intended to edit an ebook.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 02:19 AM   #4
Ghostcat
Enthusiast
Ghostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the husk

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Have a look at the Search & Replace option.
Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 12:04 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcat View Post
Have a look at the Search & Replace option.
You mean the search & replace in the conversion common options? By the time you configure multiple regex search & replace items, it will be faster and more effective to use an editor. The only time I found that feature useful was one series where the main character names were spelled 3 different ways between a mix of US and UK editions.
Advert
Old 03-09-2024, 02:32 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Assuming they're the same words in every book, maybe one of these would work.:

An Action Chain (plugin) that does a Convert followed by a Mass Search and Replace (plugin) .

or

An Action Chain (plugin) that does a Convert followed by a Editor Chain (plugin) that uses the Editor saved search feature

Index of plugins

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:40 PM   #7
Ghostcat
Enthusiast
Ghostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the husk

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You mean the search & replace in the conversion common options? By the time you configure multiple regex search & replace items, it will be faster and more effective to use an editor. The only time I found that feature useful was one series where the main character names were spelled 3 different ways between a mix of US and UK editions.
The only problem I have with editing files is that it is too easy to re-convert a book and the have a "Oh S*t" moment and realise that you have just overwritten all your edits. Then that's just me, YMMV.
Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:42 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Since I edit ePub format and that is my base format, not a worry for me. Checkpointing in Sigil has saved me from having to redo work on occasion but losing my edits has not been a big issue.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:22 AM   #9
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Quote:
I use the search & replace in the conversion dialog which is very simple to setup once. My changes are e.g. a specific word which is very often spelled wrong in german. As I do not like that, I change it to correct spelling.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 04:27 AM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
I use the search & replace in the conversion dialog which is very simple to setup once. My changes are e.g. a specific word which is very often spelled wrong in german. As I do not like that, I change it to correct spelling.
I've used the conversion search and replace for a couple of specialized conversion from PDF artifacts. For general purpose search and replace, I prefer an editor when I can see the changes.