Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-21-2024, 06:53 PM   #1
NocturnalGoose
NocturnalGoose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kobo
Do all formats load onto my ereader?

I have a Kindle and a Kobo so I convert my ebooks to various formats. My question is, when I load them onto my ereader do all the formats (EPUB, MOBI, KEPUB) load onto the ereader and if so doesn't this eat up my storage space?
NocturnalGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 07:12 PM   #2
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
When I send to my device it only sends one copy to my device. However, I'm not sure off the top of my head how it selects which format to send.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2024, 07:24 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you are using calibre, it will send the first format that matches the format list for the device to which you are sending the ebook.

I use the lists in the attached device configuration images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device_config_kobo.png
Views:	31
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	206507   Click image for larger version

Name:	device_config_kindle.png
Views:	34
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	206508  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 08:42 PM   #4
NocturnalGoose
NocturnalGoose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kobo
Thanks DNSB that's exactly the information I was looking for.
NocturnalGoose is offline   Reply With Quote