Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-20-2016, 04:47 PM   #346
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Doesn't everyone in the world have an unlimited mobile data plan and constant great mobile reception? C'mon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
In Cupertino, CA USA, Yes

On the little peninsulae around Lake Texoma, pretty much an emphatic no.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 05:11 PM   #347
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
On the little peninsulae around Lake Texoma, pretty much an emphatic no.
McDonald Observatory is another no.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2016, 06:19 AM   #348
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
5g will end the wireless bandwidth problem as I think it's speeds start from 1gbit and go up to 3gbit faster than google fiber.
US I think is hurt a lot by being a large country area wise where. Where telcos and cable companies have been able to carve out profitable neeches. I expect the prices for 5g to be really expensive unless a new entrant comes in.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:22 AM   #349
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
5g will end the wireless bandwidth problem as I think it's speeds start from 1gbit and go up to 3gbit faster than google fiber.
US I think is hurt a lot by being a large country area wise where. Where telcos and cable companies have been able to carve out profitable neeches. I expect the prices for 5g to be really expensive unless a new entrant comes in.
Bandwith problem will never be solved. It is an ongoing battle. 1gbit sound interesting? Depends on how many channels they can provide of it. If everybody would try to use the network at fastest speed simultaneously, then it would slow down. Even in 4g it is rare to hit close to maximum. If you are lucky.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:51 PM   #350
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Bandwith problem will never be solved.
Have you read "Telecosm?"
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2016, 01:40 AM   #351
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Have you read "Telecosm?"
No I have not. Is it a good book you are recommending? The price for the kindle version is a little steep for my liking though.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:08 AM   #352
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
No I have not. Is it a good book you are recommending? The price for the kindle version is a little steep for my liking though.
That book was published 15 years ago. More than a bit dated for this field.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:56 AM   #353
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That book was published 15 years ago. More than a bit dated for this field.
Yes, absolutely. I wasn't aware at first that the book is supposed to be non fiction. The blurp read to me like some interesting science fiction that may have been ahead of the time being so old.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:58 AM   #354
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The book is a revised edition, which I have not seen.. But IIRC (and it's be a while) even the first edition would still be interesting reading today. I'm not an EE, so I don't know how on point it was in every technical detail, but more than once since I read it, I've though about the telcom industry's choices and wondered.
I recommend it if you can find it cheap. Maybe something to blow an extra Audible credit on.
I got it back when my membership had 5 credits per month....
Hey I wonder if I redownload it from Audible, will I get the new edition?

Last edited by ApK; 02-24-2016 at 07:02 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:29 PM   #355
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
In Cupertino, CA USA, Yes
I know of a least two gaping multi-network cellular dead spots within about a mile of Apple's main campus:

1. Fremont and De Anza
2. Just south of 280 on 85 (behind De Anza College).

I drop calls with alarming regularity in both spots under Sprint, and previously dropped calls with AT&T in almost the exact same spots.

When it rains, there's also a dead spot just south of 280 on 880/17. Apparently the tower density is too low to accommodate rain fade.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote