Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
francoist123
francoist123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo vox
Screen protector for kobo vox

Hi,

I am looking to buy a screen protector. The device is collecting a lot fingerprint and hard to clean. Maybe there a cleaner available ? I was looking online for screen protector. I found a few on ebay for the playbook. Do you see any problem with that ?

Thanks.
francoist123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I use a microfibre cloth. If its particularly gunky, I use eyeglass cleaner on the cloth.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
While a screen protector is highly beneficial, I don't know if I can recommend one for the Vox at this time; The screen's sensitivity is not very good, and placing a screen protector on it could potentially diminish it further. I'm hoping a firmware upgrade will help with this.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
Annibronte
Enthusiast
Annibronte has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3,Kobo Vox
I'm using this from Staples, since I scratch screens like a cat. Sensitivity seems fine, except for playing Fruit Ninja.
Annibronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Using Ghost Armor here, and I have no sensitivity problems. The problems are more with the Launcher than the screen, from what I can tell - as soon as I switched to Launcher Pro (or even Zeam), it had NO issues loading things or switching homescreens, even before I put the screen protector on.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #6
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Is a screen protector required? I don't mind fingerprints but then I don't shine a light directly on the screen either. Besides I'm a male with a standard gender related gene which makes dirt and fingerprints on screens very hard to see/notice.

How many smart phones are stuck in a pocket along with keys, etc?
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #7
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
I'm fine with the cover i bought for it, fingerprints doesnt bother me that much
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
cristovao
cristovao began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch
I'm always terrified of scratching my devices so when my wife bought the Vox, i immediately searched for a screen protector on eBay. Haven't found a specific one yet but my brother in law gave me one of his spare GalaxyTab protectors and it works fine. It's not a perfect fit but I've had no problems with screen sensitivity.
cristovao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #9
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristovao View Post
It's not a perfect fit but I've had no problems with screen sensitivity.
Ahh, now that's good to know. Thanks.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #10
Odieman
Enthusiast
Odieman began at the beginning.

Here is how to make a perfect Vox screen protector. Buy a larger screen protector of your choice. I like Zagg, so I got an Ipad 2 protector. Place the original screen protector you got with the Vox (the heavy one with the adhesive glue that the Vox shipped with) sticky side down on the new screen protector. There is enough adhesive on so it won't move. Then cut around the outside of the protector with an xacto knife...and viola...a perfect screen protector.
Odieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #11
harveyj
harveyj began at the beginning.

I found a inexpensive screen protector at The Sourse. It works fine no problem with touch and is easy to clean with lens cleaner
harveyj is offline   Reply With Quote