Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-22-2023, 01:49 AM   #1
Ma'am-I-Am
Preferred pronouns: We/Us
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2
Question Should I try to deregister Nook HD+?

I have a secondhand HD+ which is still registered with the old owner's address @ gmail. It's never been a problem until I tried to install Kindle for Android. Since I don't have the gmail password, is my only option to do a factory reset? I hate to because they installed Cyanogen and other stuff and I don't want to have to re-do it!

Suggestions?
Ma'am-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 11:26 PM   #2
nmyshkin
Enthusiast
nmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Simple Touch (2), Nook Simple Touch w/Glowlight (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
I have a secondhand HD+ which is still registered with the old owner's address @ gmail. It's never been a problem until I tried to install Kindle for Android. Since I don't have the gmail password, is my only option to do a factory reset? I hate to because they installed Cyanogen and other stuff and I don't want to have to re-do it!

Suggestions?
How do you mean "registered"? Are you talking about a Google account (Playstore, etc)?
nmyshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 01:18 AM   #3
Ma'am-I-Am
Preferred pronouns: We/Us
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2
Yes, a Google email account. And Playstore, I assume.
I got it a couple of years ago just to read comic-style books (like Dilbert) and PDFs, but I haven't used it in some time. I've never even tried to access BN with it, I think.
Ma'am-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 10:43 AM   #4
nmyshkin
Enthusiast
nmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Simple Touch (2), Nook Simple Touch w/Glowlight (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
Yes, a Google email account. And Playstore, I assume.
I got it a couple of years ago just to read comic-style books (like Dilbert) and PDFs, but I haven't used it in some time. I've never even tried to access BN with it, I think.
OK, simplest approach first. Go to Settings>Accounts and try to add your own Google account. If that works you should then be able to delete the other account without a password. It's only when there is no other account that things get complicated. Usually.

As for B&N, unless there is a Nook app on the device, there is no account. If there is one, you can easily deregister from within the app.
nmyshkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
email, nook hd+, register, registered