Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
Pier
Enthusiast
Pier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of light

Device: sony ereader PRS700
Can't see the books I loaded from my computer

Hi, I bought my vox through preorder to make sure I got one, I was so excited about it but, I've been having problem with it since day 3. At the beginning everything was fine I could read books copied from my computer (epub files) and I liked the reader/tablet a lot. Then I got the infamous message "could not connect to server....try again later". I tried resetting my account, no luck. Then I did a factory reset (and lost everything I had on it), no luck again. I kept getting "download paused" and could only see the books from the library, not the ones from my computer. I did a second factory reset thinking maybe the first one was interrupted but still can't access my books from the computer. What is wrong here? I had it for 2 weeks and used the ereader function 3 days! Help me please!
Pier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:56 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
When you talk about ePUBs from your computer, are you talking about books with DRM, or DRM free books? Are you manually moving the books over USB to a file on your Vox, if so where are you storing them? If DRM free, do you choose "import" within Kobo to find the books and bring them into the Kobo app for use? For Adobe DRM laden books, you will want to use something like Aldiko which can be authorized with Adobe ADE and then work with those books.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
Pier
Enthusiast
Pier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Taming for your response. The books I tried to move to Kobo are DRM free and when I first installed my vox I had no problems seeing them but this time around after the factory reset I can't see them. Where do you find this "import" option? I didn't have to use it the first time.

Thanks again
Old 11-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From the Kobo Library, click on the menu button (the middle button, between home and back). Choose import content.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
Pier
Enthusiast

Thank you again Taming, I'll try that tonight since I didn't take my reader with me this morn. Luckily I have a Sony one that works just fine
Old 11-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #6
Pier
Enthusiast

Well I tried going to the menu from the library and I don't have access to it from that page. I can only go back or home. When I tap the middle icon for the menu, nothing happens. That might be where the problem lies but I don't know why it is not working.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite

May be. The menu button works on my library "page" in the Kobo app.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
Pier
Enthusiast

I did a third factory reset and now the menu button in the library page works! I imported my file and everything is just fine.

Thanks a lot for your help, without you I would not have known what to look for, Kudos!
Old 11-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Vox
Here is an interesting one.
I did the import and Kobo shows 2 books both of which are epub no drm. It imports one but gives the message that something went wrong on the second and could not import.
Anyone know what the issue might be.
Second weird thing, going into the epubs folder through Astro I choose a file, any book, look at the details, close the window go to another book file down the page, look at the details... and it only brings the first book details. I have to back out of Astro all the way then go back in to look at the details...... weird
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote