Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-25-2014, 05:30 PM   #301
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have the alpha fully at 100% I don't think the background color matters. I desaturated the original paper in my graphics program to more my liking. So it looks cleaner and newer than the default version. You can add you own backgrounds by making a folder called backgrounds on your device and add the textures there.
Thanks for all the help. Loaded and looks good. Now to tweak my Screendim settings, and get better at invoking Moon+ Pro settings (tapping center of screen is hit or miss for me), and I'll be all set!
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #302
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Thanks for all the help. Loaded and looks good. Now to tweak my Screendim settings, and get better at invoking Moon+ Pro settings (tapping center of screen is hit or miss for me), and I'll be all set!
I don't use Screen Dim on my Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire HD2 they go low enough for me. I do have it installed on the N7 for the Kindle and OMD app which has a brightness bug in it but other than that it stays off.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 09:36 AM   #303
HeatherA
Enthusiast
HeatherA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard/Kindle PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
wow, the Fire HDX is incredibly light! Makes my 1 yo Kindle Fire feel like a heavy rock, lol. First impression is very positive. Crisp true color display, no issue with book reading either that Blossom reported. Audiobook played beautifully. Email set up. Wish there was a way to copy my contacts over from gmail. will have to look into that. I bought the 32GB wi-fi, no ads version. $444 vs $599 for Apple iPad Air. Thats a big difference and I am a Apple consumer, both laptop and phone. I see this tablet giving the Air a run for the money especially in these financial times.
I like the on/off switch location too, never could get use the one on the Fire, was always hunting for it. Volume controls located on the back are ok, I can see they had to put them there as the unit is so thin, no room for buttons around the bezel. All in all, an A+ for an exceptional handheld device.
I am a huge Apple fan, I just received my 8.9 HDX and all I can say is WOW. It blows my iPad out of the water.

It feels like Amazon took the feedback about what was wrong with the 8.9 HD and fixed most of it. I love the weight, the screen is gorgeous, the buttons on the back are easy to find and use compared to the flush hidden buttons on the HD (one of my biggest pet peeves) and they moved the charging port out of the way so you can now watch videos while charging and not worry about the cable.

I only purchased the 16gb version, but it's going back tomorrow and I'm replacing with the 32gb. I can see that this device may very well take over a lot of the areas I use my iPad for. I love many of the new features and OS changes and I can't keep my hands off this! It's going to be awful sending it back and waiting for the new one to arrive.
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #304
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
I can't keep my hands off this! It's going to be awful sending it back and waiting for the new one to arrive.
In most cases you have weeks before you have to send it back. So you can keep using it until the new one arrives, then send it back. At least this is the case, in the US.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:22 PM   #305
HeatherA
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
In most cases you have weeks before you have to send it back. So you can keep using it until the new one arrives, then send it back. At least this is the case, in the US.
Unfortunately I paid for it completely with gift cards so I will have to send it back and wait for the money to be put back into my account.

I hope it's quick!
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #306
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
Unfortunately I paid for it completely with gift cards so I will have to send it back and wait for the money to be put back into my account.

I hope it's quick!
It took about a week when I did it. I return my HDX 7 and I had payed for it with gift cards. Once I got the refund I bought my Nexus 7. I did however have prime shipping. It will take longer if you returned it via the post office.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-30-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #307
HeatherA
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It took about a week when I did it. I return my HDX 7 and I had payed for it with gift cards. Once I got the refund I bout my Nexus 7. I did however have prime shipping. It will take longer if you it's returned via the post office.
I'll be returning it via UPS tomorrow. I hope it's not longer than a week... My husband told me to get the 32 and I thought I knew better... SMH. Now I wait again.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:55 PM   #308
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Have any of you 8.9 users found a sleeve you like? I'm not a big fan of cases anymore and I've got a few of the 7" sleeves Amazon put out in various colors for my Nexus 7 (2012), Aura HD and Kindle Touch, but haven't found anything comparable for a larger tablet. It doesn't have to be an exact fit, but I'd like it to be close. I'm going on a trip in a couple of weeks and would like to find something to help protect it. If I don't find anything this week I'll probably buy a Poetic Slimline case and live with it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:36 AM   #309
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had an interesting experience last week. I had to return some sheets to Amazon (I had to pay return shipping). I dropped them off at Staples for UPS pickup. I got an email later. It seems as soon as UPS scanned it at pickup, my refund was issued! I thought that was amazing. (I got a credit to my credit card).

(I am a little annoyed that Amazon sent the KFHD I ordered a couple days ago via USPS. They've always sent my devices via UPS in the past!)
Old 03-31-2014, 09:46 AM   #310
HeatherA
Enthusiast

Quote:
I had an interesting experience last week. I had to return some sheets to Amazon (I had to pay return shipping). I dropped them off at Staples for UPS pickup. I got an email later. It seems as soon as UPS scanned it at pickup, my refund was issued! I thought that was amazing. (I got a credit to my credit card).

(I am a little annoyed that Amazon sent the KFHD I ordered a couple days ago via USPS. They've always sent my devices via UPS in the past!)
I've had that happen before too. I doubt they'll do it with my KFHDX but I have been keeping my fingers crossed. I'm going to take it to UPS today. I did pay for Saturday delivery on it originally and it was shipped UPS. If I had done regular Prime 2day it would have come on Sunday via USPS. One thing I noticed is that this one came in retail packaging rather than the typical black box my other Kindles come in... and it was in a shipping box instead of the label just being slapped on the black box. Is this because it was overnight? I'm half tempted to do it again on my re-ordered replacement.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:17 AM   #311
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Mine was shipped in a brown box via priority mail. It was due Tuesday but delivered today. (KFHD 16gb 2013 version)
Old 03-31-2014, 06:39 PM   #312
HeatherA
Enthusiast

Yay! I shipped my KFHDX back today and Amazon gave me instant credit. My new KFHDX will be here tomorrow! So happy!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:02 PM   #313
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Heather, that is awesome!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:04 PM   #314
HeatherA
Enthusiast

Quote:
Heather, that is awesome!
Thanks! I'm extremely happy!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:48 PM   #315
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Have any of you 8.9 users found a sleeve you like? I'm not a big fan of cases anymore and I've got a few of the 7" sleeves Amazon put out in various colors for my Nexus 7 (2012), Aura HD and Kindle Touch, but haven't found anything comparable for a larger tablet. It doesn't have to be an exact fit, but I'd like it to be close. I'm going on a trip in a couple of weeks and would like to find something to help protect it. If I don't find anything this week I'll probably buy a Poetic Slimline case and live with it.
I've been real pleased with this. I do find that I am not making as much use of the bluetooth keyboard as I thought I would, but it is nice to have it when needed. It is easily removed when I just need the case.

IVSO KeyBook Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Tablet - will only fit Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" (Black)