Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
bpendreigh
bpendreigh knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bpendreigh knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bpendreigh knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bpendreigh knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bpendreigh knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bpendreigh knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bpendreigh knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bpendreigh knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bpendreigh knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bpendreigh knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bpendreigh knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle and others
The Movie Lover's Novel

I am a film journalist and author - one of my film biogs came out in an American edition. The Man in the Seventh Row: The Movie Lover's Novel is my first novel and it has had great reaction from those who have read it, including the legendary British film critic Barry Norman and the political and social commentator Andrew Marr.

Roy Batty is a film fan, who goes to see a series of classic movies and finds himself being sucked into the action. A dream come true? Not really, for he is beginning to lose his grip on reality and his ability to return to the real world.

But what is real? How did things get this way? And can Roy ever break away?

It starts off very nostalgic and chatty, but then the narrative picks up and it become a bit darker. Imagine Nick Hornby crossed with Gabriel Garcia Marquez and you might begin to get the idea, fanboy lists meet magic realism. It's about films, but it is also about love and death and the whole d*mn thing, and ultimately it is about being human.

"I really don’t think I’ve read anything quite like it before." – Barry Norman

"I loved it… a terrific read, definitely one for fans of film." – Janice Forsyth, Movie Cafe, Radio Scotland

Eva Dolan, reviwer: "It's a classic device, the split persona, but Pendreigh gives it a fresh spin here, leavening the serious subject matter with neat reimaginings of film classics... Sam Peckinpah's Brief Encounter was my personal favourite, with Pendreigh taking it where we all know it should have gone, down and dirty on the floor of that borrowed flat.

The Man in the Seventh Row is a fantastical book in many ways but Pendreigh drags you along so confidently that you accept the strangeness and the pervasive ambiguity."

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Seventh-Ro.../dp/B0060GAVPM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-Seventh-.../dp/B0060GAVPM
bpendreigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blade runner, fantasy, fillms, magnificent seven, scotland