Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
rp272
rp272 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sort collection by series number?

I have installed the 'Collections plug-in' to Calibre and created collections based upon both series and title. Some small collections are correctly sorted but I suspect this is my by luck than anything else. I have a collection of Bernard Cornwell's 'Sharpe' which runs to more than 20 volumes.

I have meticulously edited the metadata to ensure each is given the appropriate number in the series but when I look on my Kindle 3 they are not in the right order.

Please can anybody tell me how to do this.

TIA

kindest regards

Roger
rp272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp272 View Post
I have installed the 'Collections plug-in' to Calibre and created collections based upon both series and title. Some small collections are correctly sorted but I suspect this is my by luck than anything else. I have a collection of Bernard Cornwell's 'Sharpe' which runs to more than 20 volumes.

I have meticulously edited the metadata to ensure each is given the appropriate number in the series but when I look on my Kindle 3 they are not in the right order.

Please can anybody tell me how to do this.

TIA

kindest regards
Roger

Computers sort Text by character weight.
You many need Leading 0's in your template to keep things weighted
Without leading 0, you get:
1 foo
10 foo
100 foo
2 foo
20 foo
200 foo

with
001 foo
002 foo
010 foo
020 foo
100 foo
200 foo
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 01:50 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
You might want to investigate the use of Plugboards (check this sticky post) to keep your collections in order. The plugboard allows you to preface your title with Series info on the fly. I use the General Metadata one myself but there are many options in that sticky.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, collection, kindle, series, sort